Our pink sauce or mayo ketchup sauce is perfect as a simple, quick, creamy, and versatile snacking dip. It can also be served as a salad dressing or shrimp dip. With few ingredients, it can be ready in a few minutes and brought out to delight your guests.
Why we ❤️ it
We serve a similar sauce with chimi, and I used another version on my longaniza burger, but this pink sauce recipe has many uses: dip, dressing, and condiment. It is also very easy and quick to make.
What's pink sauce?
Mayoketchup, pink sauce, or salsa rosada is a mixture of ketchup and mayonnaise and some extra ingredients in a creamy, rich dip or sauce.
Very similar sauces are popular all throughout Latin America with different names, including the Dominican Republic and Puerto Rico. A version from Argentina is known as salsa golf (golf sauce).
- Make mayo ketchup for tostones (fried plantains), it is also great to dip batata frita, yuca fries, either as a picadera or as a side dish.
- It can be offered as a dip with pastelitos and quipe (thought those are not generally served with a dip in the Dominican Republic.
- You can serve it with steamed shrimp as an easy version of a shrimp cocktail in a pink sauce, and even other types of seafood.
- You can also make a mayo-ketchup dipping sauce to go with your favorite fried food as a picadera.
- This pink mayo ketchup sauce is also perfect for salads. It is one of my favorite dressings for heartier salads.
- It is perfect as a condiment on sandwiches, to which it adds a lot of creaminess, just check out this longaniza hamburger to see the goodness.
- Drizzle it on yaroa instead of plain ketchup and mayonnaise, bring it to the next level!
How to store
Once made, it's best to serve this sauce right away. You can store it in the fridge for a few hours safely, but the texture starts to change.
About this recipe
The simplest Dominican mayo-ketchup recipe is simply mayonnaise and ketchup mixed together, so you can do that if you want a simpler version, but this version I present is very special, with the sour-sweet touch of the pickles, and the hot sauce.
This recipe yields 6 servings, or almost a cup of mayoketchup sauce.
You have to try it.
Mayo-Ketchup Pink Sauce [Recipe + Video] Salsa Rosada
- Combine the mayonnaise, pickle relish, and ketchup, and mix until there are no lumps of mayonnaise.Season with hot sauce to taste and mix in the parsley.
- Serve right away as suggested above, or store per instructions above.
Nutritional information is calculated automatically based on ingredients listed. Please consult your doctor if you need precise nutritional information.
Published Dec 16, 2004, and last revised