Our pink mayonnaise and ketchup sauce is perfect for simple, quick, creamy, and versatile snacking. It can also be served as a salad dressing or shrimp dip.
We serve a similar sauce with chimi, and I used another version on my longaniza burger, but this pink sauce recipe has many uses.
You can serve it as a dip with your favorite fried food as a picadera.
This pink mayo ketchup dipping sauce is also perfect for salads. It is one of my favorite dressings for heartier salads.
It is also perfect as a condiment on sandwiches, to which it adds a lot of creaminess.
About this recipe
The simplest Dominican mayo-ketchup recipe is simply mayonnaise and ketchup mixed together, so you can do that if you want a simpler version, but this version I present is very special, with the sour-sweet touch of the pickles, and the hot sauce.
You have to try it.
[Recipe + Video] Mayo-Ketchup Pink Sauce
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1½ tablespoons pickled relish
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce, or more, to taste
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley for garnish, optional
- Mixing: Combine the mayonnaise, pickle relish, and ketchup, and mix until there are no lumps of mayonnaise.Season with hot sauce to taste.
- Serving: Serve with picaderas, such as fritters, or shrimp.