Pick your favorite of four choices to stuff your Empanadas, Pastelitos, and Pastelones with this juicy, tasty Minced Beef Filling.
Why we ❤️ it
We use this Minced Beef Filling in a variety of dishes, from empanadas and pastelitos to pastelones and assorted picaderas. I use it so much that I decided to save myself the time and just create a separate recipe for later use.
It can also be served on its own, or just get creative with it.
Minced beef with raisins
Love it or hate it, everyone has a strong opinion on raisins, but I am a fan. The combination of this juicy, savory meat dish goes great with the subtle sweetness of raisins.
Minced beef with potato
Minced beef with ripe plantains
This is not a traditional combination, but it works wonderfully together, as ripe plantains do with almost anything. I used it to make my mixed yaroa, but you can get creative and try it with other dishes.
Plain minced meat
Remember that we also have a great recipe for minced beef with vegetables a la dominicana that is perfect for dinner or lunch.
About our recipe
This is quite a versatile little recipe, you have it combine with potatoes (perfect for empanadas), raisins (perfect for kipes), and, my own crazy idea: with fritos maduros (Fried Ripe Plantains), which would go so well in so many things.
I bet you have many more ideas, and I'd love to hear them.
[Recipe + Video] Minced Beef Filling 4 Ways
Optional additions (pick one)
- ⅓ cup raisins, [35g]
- ½ cup fritos maduros, (diced)
- ½ cup diced boiled potatoes
Shop this recipe
Click on the ingredient links to buy from my Amazon affiliate shop
- Cook meat: Heat oil over medium-low heat. Stir in onion and cook and stir until it turns translucent. Add garlic and cook stirring for a minute.Add minced meat and cook and stir, breaking into small clumps until it browns.
- Season: Pour in tomato sauce, add bell pepper, salt, and pepper. Stir and cover. Simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add extra ingredient: Uncover and mix in the optional ingredient of your choice, or none at all if you so prefer. Taste and season with salt and pepper to taste if needed. Remove from the heat.
Nutritional information is calculated automatically based on ingredients listed. Please consult your doctor if you need precise nutritional information.