Crispy on the outside, creamy and bursting with flavor inside, and lighter than the traditional fried ones, these air fryer or baked potato and ham croquettes are going to be your new favorites.
Why we ❤️ it
If you are looking for a quicker, easier alternative to our traditional fried croquettes, you should try this recipe. You can make them in the oven, or air fryer.
Baked potato and serrano croquettes.
About this recipe
Coming up with this baked potato croquettes recipe may seem easy at first, however, starting from the traditional fried version of this dish soon proved that many changes would be needed to make it work as a baked version.
In the end, these crispy baked croquettes are not only much easier to make than the traditional fried ones, but they are also lighter and the combination of textures makes it a future favorite at the Christmas buffet. It's also a great choice for potlucks. If you have kids, recruit them to help you shape them, kids love helping in the kitchen and they will love "playing" with the dough.
This awesome free recipe contains Amazon affiliate links, we receive a small commission from any purchase you make at no extra cost to you. Thanks!
[Recipe + Video] Air Fryer or Baked Potato and Ham Croquettes
For the croquettes
- 2 pound floury potatoes, [0.9 kg] peeled, then boiled in unsalted water
- 4 ounces Serrano ham, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt, (or more, to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon pepper (freshly-cracked, or ground), (or more, to taste)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, to grease air fryer tray
- 1 cup breadcrumbs, or homemade breadcrumbs (our recipe)
- 2 egg (medium), whisked
- Mixing: Mash the potatoes with a potato ricer, or grind in the food processor until it is a very smooth pureeMix potato and ham. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Shaping: Scoop 1½ tablespoon of the mixture and make it into the shape and size of a wine cork. Place on a greased tray. Repeat with the rest of the mixture. One by one, dip the croquettes in the whisked egg then cover with breadcrumbs.Once all are done, cover tightly with plastic film and freeze for at least 6 hours.
- Baking: Grease the air fryer pan (if you use the air fryer) and place the frozen croquettes in the tray (or oven) and cook in preheated oven (or tray) at maximum temperature for 7-10 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown. By then, the center should be thawed and warm.Remove from the heat.
Tips and Notes
Nutritional information is calculated automatically based on ingredients listed. Please consult your doctor if you need precise nutrition information.