Whether you plan to serve it for dinner or have guests over for lunch or dinner, pechuga a la plancha will surely become a hit! This recipe is great for entertaining because it's quick, easy to make, flavorful, and delicious. This delicious grilled chicken breast is here to save the day.
Why we ❤️ it
If you're looking for an easy, colorful, and tasty grilled chicken breast, I present to you this one with rich ingredients from Dominican cuisine. It's the perfect way to cook chicken breast without drying it out.
This versatile recipe can be prepared grilled on the stove, in a skillet, or on the grill and requires only a few minutes of cooking time.
What is grilled breast?
Grilled breast is marinated or seasoned chicken breast cooked on a griddle or skillet in dry heat without frying. It is a popular dish for those who prefer lean and healthy meats.
Benefits of Grilled Chicken Breast
Chicken breast is a cut that cooks faster, is lean (low in fat), and is very versatile in the choice of seasonings and spices. You can see more in the nutritional information under the recipe.
Grilled chicken breasts.
Grilled chicken goes great with any number of side dishes and vegetables. Some of my favorites are mashed cassava and celery root, mashed yautia, green salad, boiled salad, or cabbage and carrot salad. You can even serve it with just some tomato slices.
And, of course, some tostones (or its healthy counterpart, tostones in air fryer) and some avocado slices are always welcome.
- Bija (annatto, achiote) is a popular ingredient in our kitchen, and it gives a very nice color to chicken fillets. We Dominicans don't like white chicken, and this trick is perfect for it, but it is not absolutely necessary, so if you can't find bija, don't add it.
- You can add a tablespoon of soy sauce or Worcestershire sauce to the marinade if you have it.
- I didn't add oregano, but some people like a lot of it, so add a teaspoon of dried ground oregano if you like.
- Remember to maintain proper hygiene when cooking chicken to avoid cross-contamination to cook at the proper temperature for your safety, and not dry out the chicken.
- You can make this same dish with boneless thighs.
About this recipe
Grilled chicken breast fillets can be found in almost every Dominican restaurant, and to this one, we have added all the flavors that bring our cuisine to life. With a rich garlic flavor and cooked in a small amount of olive oil, it is a healthy dish with a lot of criollo flavor.
This awesome free recipe contains Amazon affiliate links, we receive a small commission from any purchase you make at no extra cost to you. Thanks!
Pechuga a la Plancha [Recipe + Video] Juicy Grilled Chicken Breast
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro, or parsley if you prefer
- 1 head of minced garlic
- 1 ½ tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons sour orange juice, or ¼ cup lime juice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon ground annatto
- 4 boneless, whole, skinless chicken breasts
- In a large bowl, mix cilantro, minced garlic, salt, black pepper, orange juice, olive oil, and annatto.Let stand while you cut the chicken.
Cutting the chicken
- With a sharp knife, butterfly cut the chicken, dividing each breast into two halves as separate fillets.
Marinate the chicken
- Add the chicken breasts to the marinade, and stir to coat them all in the marinade. Cover with a lid or plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
Cooking the chicken
- Heat griddle, grill or skillet over high heat. Add, depending on the size of the pan or grill, two or three fillets and cook for 3 minutes or until lightly browned.Turn over, and cook the other side, or until the internal temperature reaches 74 ºC [165 ºF] measured with a meat thermometer (about 6 minutes in total).
Making the sauce
- While the breasts are cooking, heat the marinade over medium heat in a small saucepan until reduced by half. Remove from heat.
- Serve the breasts accompanied by the sauce in a small bowl.
Nutritional information is calculated automatically based on ingredients listed. Please consult your doctor if you need precise nutrition information.
More chicken recipes
Chicken is one of the favorite meats in our country, and we have many Dominican-style chicken recipes that you will love, starting with our pollo guisado. Chicken skewers are also perfect for cookouts.