Summertime means parrilladas (BBQs) and this pinchos de pollo recipe is a must-have. You'll be surprised how easy, inexpensive, quick, and flavorful these brochetas de pollo (chicken skewers) are. And with my serving suggestions, food will be on the table in no time.
Why we ❤️ it
Chicken pinchos are one of the easiest and most economical things to serve at parrilladas or cookouts, and there are plenty of options. You can also see how to make pinchos de camarones (shrimp skewers) in our recipe collection, and it's one of our favorite cookout dishes.
The great thing about this chicken skewers recipe is that these pinchos are marinated with authentic Dominican seasoning, combine with some vegetables, and, with the salad I recommend below, you will have the tastiest and easiest thing you can make on the grill.
Chicken pincho marinades
Below I also give you options for the best chicken skewer marinades if you want to vary this recipe.
This recipe has the true Dominican flavor and taste, which is incredibly tasty with these chicken kabobs. It was a hit with my family. For this Dominican pinchos recipe I used the traditional Dominican adobo seasoning, our homemade sazón.
Sweet and sour marinade
If you want to do something different or want to serve mixed chicken skewers I recommend you to see how to make sweet and sour barbecue sauce to marinate the chicken instead of Dominican sazón.
Sweet and spicy marinade
This homemade spicy guava barbecue sauce is wonderful for marinating these skewers as well. This is my favorite BBQ sauce.
Vegetables for brochetas
The easiest thing about this recipe is that I only needed one bell pepper and some cherry tomatoes. Both turned out cooked to perfection, and the cherry tomatoes were charred but still sufficiently firm and with a smoky taste. Other options are onion chunks, zucchini cubes, and eggplant cubes.
Pinchos de pollo or brochetas de pollo.
The option I chose to serve this chicken pinchos was a rich and creamy cabbage and carrot coleslaw, which is very popular in our country. Other good options are to serve it with our popular potato salad (Ensalada mixta) or pasta salad (Ensalada de coditos) if you have more time to prepare it.
Another good option is Tostones (fried plantain) or Yuca frita (cassava fries). With these two, I advise you to serve with a sauce. This pink sauce or this avocado sauce with sour cream both go very well with them.
- If you are going to use wooden skewers, I advise you to soak them for half an hour before skewering the meat. This will prevent them from burning in the fire. They will still charr a bit, but only on the outside.
- Use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of the chicken. This way you cook it safely so it won't be raw, but it won't dry out if overcooked.
- To keep the meat from sticking to the grill, brush the grill with a little vegetable oil or cooking spray.
About this recipe
As you will see, this recipe requires little effort and time in the heat. You prepare all the ingredients in a chain, and as soon as you are done you can enjoy these delicious chicken breast skewers with simple and inexpensive ingredients.
If you have a special trick for making your chicken pinchos, feel free to share it in the comments.
This awesome free recipe contains Amazon affiliate links, we receive a small commission from any purchase you make at no extra cost to you. Thanks!
[Recipe + Video] Pinchos de Pollo (Chicken Skewers)
Dominican seasoning marinade
1. Make seasoning
- In a food processor, combine the green bell pepper, onion, garlic, oregano, pepper, lime juice, salt, and parsley.Grind to a coarse paste.
2. Seasoning chicken
- Coat the chicken with the seasoning. Let it rest in the refrigerator for 2 hours.Preheat the grill to maximum temperature. While it is heating up, proceed to the next step.
3. Make pinchos
- Meanwhile, skewer a yellow bell pepper, chicken, and tomatoes alternating. Repeat to make 12 skewers.
- Place the skewers on the grill and cook covered for 7 minutes, turn and repeat for another 7 minutes, or until the meat thermometer reads 165ºF [74 ºC] by measuring in the center of a piece of meat. The meat will have some browned spots.The process is the same whether using a gas, charcoal or stovetop grill.
- Remove from the grill, drizzle or brush with olive oil (optional), and serve immediately.
Nutritional information is calculated automatically based on ingredients listed. Please consult your doctor if you need precise nutrition information.
Pinchos or brochetas are the words for skewers in Spanish, but also used to mean anything cooked in a skewer (a kabob).
Pincho de pollo is chicken kebabs or chicken skeweres in English.
In this recipe each serving is 3 skewers, and a serving is 475 calories. Just one chicken skewer is about 158 calories.
15-20 minutes, or until the meat reaches 165ºF [74 ºC] measured in the center of a piece of meat.
The main recipe here does not need a sauce, but you can also make it with the suggest sweet and sour BBQ sauce or the spicy guava barbecue sauce.