Our baby turns 12 this month. It’s hard to believe it, isn’t it? Time flies so fast.
Oh, wait, I am not talking about my daughter, I am talking about our blog(s). Yeah, it’s been 12 years, and I can hardly believe it! I had no idea what I was getting myself into, or that I’d be doing this longer than any other job I had in my life. Kinda like motherhood, but without the stinky diapers.
And of all the jobs I’ve had, this is the one I’ve enjoyed the most.
How can I not? I get to combine my food for love and photography, I get to promote our rich culinary culture, and I have met and corresponded with hundred of interesting people that I would have never met otherwise.
Sometimes is hard to believe how lucky I am to do this, and how lucky I am for each and every one of you, our readers.
Let’s celebrate our anniversary with these super-easy and cute suspiritos (meringue kisses). So, happy birthday to us! Come and celebrate, share with us how you found us and when. We’d love to hear these stories.
- 3 eggs whites
- ¼ teaspoon of lime juice or cream of tartar
- 1¼ cup of powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon of cocoa
- ½ teaspoon of instant coffee
- 1 tablespoon of chocolate sprinkles
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Heat oven to 175 ºF [80 ºC].
- Whisk the whites until it becomes very foamy. Add the lime juice or cream of tartar while still whisking.
- Slowly sift in the sugar and whisk until it forms stiff peaks.
- Spoon the mixture into a pastry bag with your preferred tip and pipe out meringue kisses of about 1½" in diameter.
- Bake for an hour and a half. Turn off oven and leave the door slightly open so meringues cool down in the oven.
- Consume immediately, or store in an air-tight container. It should keep for a couple daysif they are properly dry.
- Sift in the cocoa at he same time you add the sugar (step 4).
- Sift in the coffee at he same time you add the sugar (step 4).
- Sprinkle with the chocolate sprinkles before placing in the oven (step 6)
- Add the vanilla extract at the same time you add the lime juice or cream of tartar (step 3).