This is a simple and exotic recipe, perfect for a summer lunch. This recipe was submitted by Sade, one of our regulars. Like all other savory recipes in our site that contain coconut, this too comes from beautiful Samana.
Time: 25 mins. Serves: 4
- 1 1/2 lbs of crab meat
- 2 cups of coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon of mashed garlic
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of chopped coriander/cilantro
- 1 onion finely diced
- 1 tablespoon of tomato paste
- 1 pinch of oregano
- 1 pinch of ground black pepper
- Mix in the crab meat with the garlic and herbs, marinate in the refrigerator for about 1/2hr. Add the remaining ingredients, cover and cook over low heat until half the liquid evaporates. Adjust salt to taste.
- Serve with with Tostones or Arroz Blanco.