These cupcakes are made with the same batter from our Dominican Cake recipe. Now you can also serve Dominican Bizcocho Cupcakes!
Why we ❤️ it
How do you like these beautiful Dominican Cake Cupcakes? These cupcakes are made with the same batter from our Dominican Cake recipe, filled with strawberry jam and covered in Suspiro (Royal Icing).
They're so cute, aren't they?
About these Dominican Bizcocho Cupcakes
Be forewarned that this is not really a recipe. I just decided to see if the Dominican cake could be served as cupcakes. To make the cake batter, filling and icing please refer to the recipe for Dominican cake. These post just shows some things that I found useful in adapting the Dominican Cake to a cupcake "format".
The decoration for the cupcakes is fairly simple - as I'm not an expert. On a base of suspiro (Italian meringue), I put a few pink royal icing flowers with edible silver pearls as the center and some green royal icing leaves. If you are interested in learning how to decorate cupcakes I recommend finding a book on cake decorating (affiliate link), there are excellent ones for beginners. If you are into baking I also recommend this decorating kit (affiliate link), which I have. It is full of very useful tools.
To make Dominican Bizcocho Cupcakes you'll need
I made these for a friend on her birthday, so I added a little flag made from scrapbooking paper and a bamboo skewer to write a note to her.
Cupcakes are a great way for beginners to make a Dominican-style cake without much fuss. Buy some beautiful paper wrappers and even ready-made decoration and you will be done in no time.
Dominican Bizcocho Cupcakes Recipe
- Batter from Dominican Cake recipe
- 1 cup of strawberry preserve
- Suspiro, (meringue) from Dominican Cake recipe
- To fill the paper cups I used an ice cream scoop, it makes for cupcakes of homogenous size and makes it easier to pour the batter without making a mess.
- These are some of the paper cups already filled. With the amounts in the recipe for Dominican cake you should obtain about 3 dozen cupcakes.
- Pour 1 tablespoon of preserve on the center of the batter.
- Heat oven to 300 ºF. Bake the cupcakes until they turn golden brown (about 20 mins). Here are the cupcakes at room temperature and ready to be decorated. As you can see they do not rise above the paper cup border, this was done on purpose as I wanted a flat surface to decorate.
- I covered the cupcakes with a flat layer of meringue. To smooth out the surface I used a mini offset spatula that comes with the kit mentioned above. Then I decorated with flowers colored with the coloring that comes with the set and decorating tips and bags from the same.
Tips and Notes
Nutritional information is calculated automatically based on ingredients listed. Please consult your doctor if you need precise nutritional information.