If you love the famous dessert, now you can have it in popsicle form. Easy 'Tres Leches' Popsicles: Summer can't get any better.
It seems like I've fallen off the face of the earth, right? On the rare year when I stay home for the summer, I seem to have neglected my readers. Far be it from the truth. Let me give you these Easy "Tres Leches" Popsicles as a peace offering, and explain where I've been:
Right here. I was working on the machinery that runs the blog, so while you didn't notice, things were changing behind the curtains.
And before summer ends, ONE MORE POPSICLE!
These are amazing, just like the Tres Leches Cake, although I thought to call these "Two Leches", as they only contain two types of milk. I also did not use cake for two reasons, first because the cake got very mushy and unpalatable in my first tests. The second reason is that I figured, my readers would appreciate something simpler that they could make with the kids to say goodbye to summer and vacation. I used ladyfingers instead, and it worked fantastically. I hope you like them as much as my kid and I did.
Easy "Tres Leches" Popsicles Recipe
- 6 ladyfingers
- 2 strawberries or cherries , sliced (optional)
- 1 cup of evaporated milk , chilled
- 6 tablespoons of condensed milk , chilled
- 1 tablespoon of clear vanilla extract
- Cut the ladyfingers into smaller pieces (about 3/4" [2 cm] each). Distribute among 4 popsicle molds. Add the fruit slices to the molds too.
- Mix evaporated and condensed milk and vanilla. Pour into the molds and freeze.