Sopa Boba Recipe (Vegetable Soup)
"Sopa Boba - Recipe & Video (Vegetable Soup): a lighter, easier, meat-free alternative to other soups in our blog. It is called "lame" because it doesn't contain meat or seafood.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 6 servings
- 1 qt [1 lt] of vegetable broth
- 1 qt [1 lt] of water
- 1 tablespoon of fruit vinegar
- 1 cup of potatoes cut into small cubes
- 2 sprigs of thyme (optional)
- 7 allspice berries (optional)
- 1 cup of yuca (cassava), diced (optional)
- 1 celery stalk , sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic , sliced
- 1 cup of auyama (West Indies pumpkin) cut into small cubes
- 1 cup angel hair noodles
- 1 sprig of cilantro , chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon of pepper
- 1 teaspoon of salt
Mix in a pot vegetable broth, 1 qt of water, vinegar, potatoes, thyme, allspice berries, yuca, celery, garlic, and auyama.
Bring to a boil over medium heat until it breaks a boil.
Add the noodles and stir.
Cook covered over medium heat until all the ingredients are cooked throughout. Stir occasionally to avoid sticking.
Add the cilantro and season with pepper and salt to taste.
Serve hot alongside toasted rustic bread.
Calories: 144kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1034mg | Potassium: 365mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 2845IU | Vitamin C: 16.5mg | Calcium: 34mg | Iron: 1.5mg