Celeriac, Spinach and Cheese Casserole Recipe
Celeriac, Spinach and Cheese Casserole Recipe: This lovely meat-free casserole is nearly a whole meal on its own creamy, cheesy self. And so easy to make!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 45 minutes
Total Time 50 minutes
Servings 6 servings
- 2 lb [0.9 kg] of celeriac , peeled and chopped
- 1 1/2 cup of low-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons of dry onion flakes or powder
- 3 tablespoons of chopped chive
- 1 teaspoon of salt (or more, to taste)
- 1 egg
- 4 cups of chopped spinach
- 2 cups of low-fat ricotta
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Butter to grease a skillet or baking pan
- 1 cup of grated cheddar (mild)
Heat oven to 300 ºF [150 ºC]
Boil the celeriac until it is cooked through. Remove from the water.
Mash the celeriac until there are no clumps, preferable to use a ricer.
Mix in sour cream and onion flakes. Season with salt to taste.
Mix in egg. Reserve.
For the filling
Mix spinach, ricotta, eggs, and salt.
Butter a 9-inch [23-cm] non-stick skillet or baking pan
Spread half the celeriac mash on the skillet.
Cover with the spinach mix. Top with the remaining celeriac mash.
Bake for 35 minutes. Remove from the oven.
Sprinkle the cheese on top and return to the oven.
Bake until cheese turns golden brown.
Calories: 390kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Cholesterol: 102mg | Sodium: 1235mg | Potassium: 821mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 2775IU | Vitamin C: 19.5mg | Calcium: 515mg | Iron: 2.3mg