Minced Beef with Vegetables a la Dominicana Recipe
Minced Beef with Vegetables a la Dominicana Recipe: A dish that can be adapted in many ways, it is as loaded with vegetables as it is with flavor.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
Servings 6 people
- 1 1/2 lb [0.7 kg] of lean minced beef
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of salt , or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon of pepper
- 2 tablespoons of oil for frying
- 1 large white onion , diced
- 3 cloves of garlic , chopped
- 3/4 cup of tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 cups of water
- 1 large carrot , peeled and diced
- 3/4 lb [0.35 kg] of waxy potatoes , diced
- 1 stalk of celery (with leaves), chopped
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon of hot sauce , or to taste
- 1 tablespoon of chopped parsley
Season meat with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add meat and cook and stir until all the liquid has evaporated and meat is browned.
Add onion and garlic, and cook stirring until they have heated through.
Stir in tomato sauce and water. Lower heat to medium-low and cover. Simmer until it breaks the boil (5-7 min).
Mix in potato and carrot. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes, adding water as it becomes necessary to maintain the same level.
Add bell pepper and celery, Cover and simmer for 5 minutes, adding water as it becomes necessary to maintain the same level.
Season with hot sauce and salt to taste. Mix in the parsley and remove from the heat.
Calories: 258kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 70mg | Sodium: 862mg | Potassium: 844mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 2450IU | Vitamin C: 37.6mg | Calcium: 45mg | Iron: 5.1mg