Whole Wheat Pizzetta Recipe
Whole Wheat Pizzetta Recipe: Make the dough beforehand, you'll always have something great to serve children during school break, or as school snack.
For the dough
- 3/4 cup of lukewarm water
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of instant yeast
- 2 cups of whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- Extra flour for kneading
- 6 slices of mozzarella
- 1 doz cherry tomatoes , cut into quarters
- 1 bell pepper , cut into strips(optional)
- 1/4 cup of sliced pitted olives (optional)
- 1/4 cup of sweet corn (optional)
- 1/4 cup of sliced mushrooms (optional)
- 1/4 lb of sliced turkey ham , cut into pieces
To make the dough
Mix water, sugar and yeast.
Cover with a clean cloth and let it rest for 10 mins. If the yeast is good, it will be foamy on top.
Sift the flour and salt together.
Mix flour, yeast mixture and olive oil.
Place on a clean, floured surface and knead for 10 minutes.
Place in a clean bowl and cover with a clean cloth. Let it rest for an hour.
After resting for an hour, place on a clean, floured surface.
Roll out and cut into squares, approx 3"x4" [8 cm x 17 cm].
Pre-heat oven too 350 ºF [175 ºC].
Bake for 7 minutes
Let them cool down and save in a zippy bag to store in the fridge.
Take one of the pizzettas out of the fridge.
Cover with cheese followed by toppings of your choice.
Toast in your toaster oven or regular oven until the cheese is bubbly.