Cream of Roasted Carrots Recipe
Cream of Roasted Carrots Recipe: Light, comforting, vegan and simple: a little something to please everybody. Perfect for lazy days.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 35 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
Servings 6 servings
- 1 lb [0.48 kg] of carrots
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil , divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of salt (or more, to taste), divided
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper (or more, to taste), divided
- 1 medium white onion , sliced
- 1/3 teaspoon of nutmeg powder
- 2 qt [2 lt] of low-salt , or homemade vegetable broth
- 1/2 tablespoon of chopped curly parsley
Heat the oven to 300 ºF [150 ºC].
If the carrots are small scrub and wash them clean with a vegetable brush. If they are not, peel them and cut them into strips.
Place the carrots on a baking pan. Drizzle with a tablespoon of oil, a pinch of salt and a pinch of pepper.
Bake the carrots for 15 minutes, or until they are tender.
In the meantime, Heat the remaining oil in a pan.
Add the onions and cook over very low heat, stirring frequently until the onions turn translucent.
Mix the onions, nutmeg, carrots, and the broth in the blender vase. Blend until they are dissolved.
Pour into a pot, add the parsley. Boil until it has reduced to 3/4 of the original volume.
Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve warm.
Calories: 121kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 634mg | Potassium: 269mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 12630IU | Vitamin C: 5.9mg | Calcium: 29mg | Iron: 0.3mg