Spicy Beef with Peppers and Orange Recipe
Spicy Beef with Peppers and Orange Recipe: This flavorful dish is not only super-fast, but also easy to make. Perfect for lazy weekends.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 7 minutes
Total Time 12 minutes
- 1 cup of orange juice
- 1 cup of ketchup
- 1/4 teaspoon of cracked coriander seeds (optional)
- 1 tablespoon of spicy-hot sauce
- 1 1/2 lb [0.7 kg] flank steak
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt (or more, to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon of pepper (or more, to taste)
- 3 tablespoon of oil for frying (canola, corn or peanut)
- 3 bell peppers , cut into thin strips
Mix orange juice, ketchup, coriander seeds and hot sauce. Set aside.
Cut steaks into thin strips (0.5 cm [1/4 inch]), cutting across the grain. Using a paper towel pat dry the beef strips.
Season the beef with a teaspoon of salt and a pinch of pepper.
Heat oil over high heat in a large thick-bottomed pot. Add meat (careful with hot oil splatters!). Brown beef while stirring. Add the pepper strips and cook and stir for 30 seconds. Add the orange mixture, and let it reduce for two minutes.
Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Calories: 299kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 68mg | Sodium: 523mg | Potassium: 721mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 2150IU | Vitamin C: 98.3mg | Calcium: 39mg | Iron: 2.3mg