Arroz con Maíz Recipe (Corn and Pineapple Pilaf)
Arroz con Maíz Recipe (Corn and Pineapple Pilaf): delicious savory and the texture of sweet corn, the delicate sweet and sour flavor of fresh pineapple.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
Servings 4 servings
- 5 1/2 tablespoons of oil
- 1 cup of sweet corn (boiled soft, or canned)
- 2 1/2 cups of rice (long grain)
- 1 cup of pineapple cut into very small cubes (optional)
- 1 tablespoon of finely chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon of finely chopped parsley
- 3 cups of boiling-hot vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon of salt (or more, to taste)
- 4 sprigs of fresh cilantro , chopped finely
Heat 3 tablespoons of oil in a medium-size thick-bottom pot over medium heat.
Add the corn and the rice and stir for a minute.
Add pineapple, cilantro and parsley, stir for a minute.
Add the vegetable broth, mix well. Taste the liquid and add salt to taste.
Stir regularly to avoid excessive sticking.
When all the water has evaporated cover with a tight fitting lid and simmer over very low heat.
Wait 15 minutes and uncover. Stir, add the remaining oil and cover again.
Wait another 10 minutes. Try the rice, it should be firm but tender inside.
If necessary, cover and leave another 5 minutes over very low heat.
Remove from the heat and mix in the cilantro.
Serve with meat or fish dish
of your choice.
Calories: 566kcal | Carbohydrates: 108g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1293mg | Potassium: 262mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 500IU | Vitamin C: 21.9mg | Calcium: 38mg | Iron: 1.2mg