Camarones Guisados Recipe (Stewed Shrimp)
Camarones Guisados Recipe (Stewed Shrimp): Very easy to make, it calls for few ingredients, and is one of our favorite recipes.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
Servings 6 servings
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 4 plum tomatoes cut into cubes or 1 doz cherry tomatoes , halved
- 2 bell peppers , cut into small pieces
- 3 cloves of garlic , crushed
- 1 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of water
- 2 lb [0.9 kg] of shrimp , peeled and deveined
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper (or more, to taste)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of salt (or more, to taste)
In a saucepan heat the oil over low heat.
Cook and stir the tomatoes, bell pepper, and garlic for a minute. Add tomato sauce and water. Simmer over low heat until all the vegetables are cooked through. Stir in the shrimp and simmer until the shrimp turn bright pink.
Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Calories: 232kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 33g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 381mg | Sodium: 1976mg | Potassium: 540mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 2100IU | Vitamin C: 71.4mg | Calcium: 238mg | Iron: 4mg