Camarones al Ajillo Recipe (Garlic Shrimp)
Camarones al Ajillo Recipe (Garlic Shrimp): a simple dish that reminds me of trips to faraway coastal towns, restaurants overlooking the beach and lazy afternoons.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 5 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
Servings 6 servings
- 6 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of mashed garlic
- 2 green bell peppers chopped into squares
- 2 lb [0.9 kg] of peeled shrimp
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt (or more, to taste)
- 2 limes cut into 4 quarters (for garnishing)
In a heavy saucepan heat the oil over very low heat. Cook and stir the garlic until it releases its aroma (about 2 mins). Stir in the bell peppers and cook and stir for another minute. Add the shrimps, and a cook and stir until they become pink throughout.
Season with salt to taste.
Garnish with the limes and serve with with tostones
Calories: 298kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 381mg | Sodium: 1565mg | Potassium: 238mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 1253IU | Vitamin C: 64mg | Calcium: 234mg | Iron: 4mg