Ensalada de Molondrones Recipe (Okra Salad)
Ensalada de Molondrones Recipe (Okra Salad): Not everybody likes it, but those who like them will enjoy this easy easy-to-prepare, and very healthy salad. I encourage you to give it a try.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
Servings 6 servings
- Juice of 2 limes
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 sprig of parsley , minced
- 1 bell red pepper diced into small cubes
- 1 1/4 teaspoon of salt (or more, to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon of pepper (or more, to taste)
- 1 large onion diced into small cubes
- 4 cups of okra cut into 1-inch [2.5 cm] slices.
Mix half the lime juice, oil, parsley, bell pepper, 1/4 teaspoon of salt, pepper and onion. Set aside.
Boil the okra over medium heat until they are cooked throughout, having added 1 teaspoon of salt and the remaining half of the lime juice to the water.
When the okra is cooked remove from the heat and discard the water.
Let it cool down to room temperature.
Mix with the ingredients that had been set aside. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Calories: 87kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 492mg | Potassium: 317mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1175IU | Vitamin C: 50.6mg | Calcium: 74mg | Iron: 0.7mg