Creamy Crab and Coconut Soup Recipe
Creamy Crab and Coconut Soup Recipe: There's nothing not to love in this rich soup that combines two amazing ingredients.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 6 servings
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 12 garlic cloves , sliced
- 2 red bell peppers , chopped
- 6 cups of coconut milk
- 6 cups of water
- 3 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- 2 lb [0.9 kg] of crabmeat , clean of cartilage and shell pieces
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon of freshly-cracked pepper (or to taste)
Heat the oil over low heat in a 3 qt [3 lt] pot.
Cook and stir the garlic and bell peppers until they are cooked-through. Remove from the heat.
Mix coconut milk, water, flour and half the crabmeat and puree in the blender. Add this mixture to the pot with the bell pepper and garlic.
Return the pot to the stove and simmer over low heat until liquid has reduced a third, stir often to prevent it from sticking to the bottom. Add the remaining crabmeat and simmer for another 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Serve warm with rustic bread.
Calories: 628kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 33g | Fat: 52g | Saturated Fat: 43g | Cholesterol: 64mg | Sodium: 1878mg | Potassium: 913mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 1280IU | Vitamin C: 65.3mg | Calcium: 124mg | Iron: 8.8mg