Ensalada Verde Recipe (Green Salad)
Ensalada Verde Recipe (Green Salad): a typical component of the Dominican lunch, which makes our lunch a very healthy one when prepared right.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Total Time 5 minutes
Servings 6 servings
- 2 tomatoes , diced or sliced
- 1/2 lettuce (or 1/4 cabbage shredded finely)
- 1 cucumber , sliced or diced
- 1 bell pepper cut into thin strips
- 1 small onion , cut into thin slices (optional)
- 1 beetroot , boiled and sliced (optional)
- 3 tablespoons of fruit vinegar
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of salt (or more, to taste)
Arrange the vegetables on a platter.
Mix the salt, vinegar and oil in a bottle and shake.
Serve salad alongside the dressing.
There are few ingredients in our salad that are vital. You are likely to find cabbage, or lettuce, tomatoes, and cucumber. Least likely it is to find onions and peppers. And some people serve beets boiled soft and sprinkled with sugar alongside the main salad.
Try this salad with the ingredients you like the most.