Instead of putting it in the garbage, where it belonged, we decided to re-use an old plastic part and fix the hair band.
| Lee en Español |
Nadia found an old hair band in her toy trunk. It had seen better days, it was really dirty and beat up, we reused the plastic and made a new headband. My hair band-loving kid approves of the result.
This is what we did:
I striped the plastic insert. It was in a bad shape, so I decided to give it some padding to cover the glue residue on top. I first covered the top with some organic padding for quilts. Then covered the padding with a piece of fabric, I glued it on the inside.
To cover the unfinished fabric edge I used some hem tape ironed on the inside. That way there is no glue residue showing, and the hem tape gives it a flawless finish.
The flowers were 12 triangles of fabric, I sewed each pair, turned and ironed, then I joined them with some hand-stitching.
I searched for a button I liked for the center, in the end I decided to cover one with he same fabric as the band.
And that’s it, yet another hairband comes to help us control the mop on top of Nadia’s head. Very cute, if I may say so myself. The hair band is nice too. 🙂