Jalea de Batata Dulce (Sweet Potato Pudding) always gets us out of a jam and let us serve something that everyone will appreciate without too much effort.
Why we ❤️ it
If you are ever short on time or energy and have to come up with a dessert to please everybody, then Jalea de Batata Dulce (Sweet Potato Pudding) is just what you need.
It's perfect for the busy woman (or man).
Dulce de Batata is one of my go-to desserts on those days that I am feeling a bit too lazy. I have yet to see anyone thumb their nose at it, most certainly not a Dominican. We love this dessert, however strange it may seem to outsiders. And the best thing is how uncomplicated it is. Perfect for when we don't want to push ourselves too much.
About this recipe
This is a dessert that has little variation in its preparation, yet I suppose it may be prepared differently in some Dominican homes. If you have a different way of making it, I'd love to hear about it, let us know.
This awesome free recipe contains Amazon affiliate links, we receive a small commission from any purchase you make at no extra cost to you. Thanks!
Jalea de Batata Dulce [+ Video] (Sweet Potato Pudding)
- Boil batata: Boil batata in unsalted water until it's fork-tender (about 20 min). Remove from the water and cool to room temperature. Crush a bit with a potato masher or fork.
- Blend: Mix sweet potatoes, coconut milk, milk, cinnamon, clove, and ⅓ cup sugar of sugar and blend until it is very smooth.
- Cook pudding: Pour into a saucepan and add the raisins and salt. Heat over medium-low heat, stirring constantly to avoid burning the bottom. Once it has thickened to yogurt-like consistency, taste sugar, and add more to taste if you find it necessary (sweetness was fine to my taste). Remove from the heat.
- Chill: Pour into a metal bowl and stir until it has cooled to room temperature. Chill.
- Serve: Pour into individual bowls, sprinkle with coconut flakes, and serve.
Tips and Notes
Nutritional information is calculated automatically based on ingredients listed. Please consult your doctor if you need precise nutritional information.