A great recipe to accompany the afternoon coffee (or tea) Deditos de Novia (Sugar-Coated Guava Biscuits) will be an instant success at your next get-together.
It always seems intimidating in the beginning, then you try it, and more often than not you find out that your fears were unfounded. This applies to making Deditos de Novia (Sugar-Coated Guava Biscuits) as well as a number of other things in life.
There's only one way to find out if you can: Try it.
About this recipe
We were asked about this delicious treat many times, but I too was a bit intimidated by it. It seemed more complicated than it actually was. This recipe was sent to me by "Monchi", one of our readers, it was so simple, and worked so well, that we only needed to make a few changes.
It's your turn to try it. Trust me: It's nearly foolproof.
Deditos de Novia (Sugar-Coated Guava Biscuits)
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ cup milk
- 1 teaspoons of vanilla or almond extract
- ½ cup of butter at room temperature
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- Flour for dusting work surface
- ½ cup guava paste
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheating oven: Preheat oven to 300°F [150°C].
- Mixing dry ingredients: Mix flour and baking powder. Set aside
- Mixing liquids: Combine milk and vanilla extract. Set aside.
- Combining: In a separate bowl beat butter and brown sugar until the butter has turned a very light yellow. Add milk and flour alternating between the two until they are well mixed.
- Roll out: Using a rolling pin extend the dough on a clean surface which you had previously dusted with flour until it is thin and even. Cut 4" x 4" [10 cm x 10cm] squares of dough. Place a teaspoon of guava paste in one end and roll shut sealing the ends.
- Baking: Bake for 20 minutes.
- Serving: Remove from the oven and cover the rolls with the caster sugar while still hot. Cool to room temperature before serving.Store in a sealed container for up to 3 days.
Tips and Notes
Nutritional information is calculated automatically based on ingredients listed. Please consult your doctor if you need precise nutritional information.