This awesome, creamy Pasta and Avocado Salad is a classic reinvented, with all the flavor of avocado to make it a lot lighter.
Behold this amazing Pasta and Avocado Salad! This macaroni salad with avocado instead of mayo is so creamy, so tasty, so amazing. How didn't I think of that before?
I read somewhere somebody asked, "do pasta and avocado go well together?".
How's that even a question? Avocado goes well with anything. That's what I believe and I am not changing my mind. I am a Dominican: Avocado is a constitutional right where I come from.
Well, not really, but it should be.
About this recipe
You may have noticed that I'm always trying to create lighter versions of traditional recipes, some of which are best left for special occasions. One such recipe is our cold macaroni salad with mayo. With a few changes here and there, this summer avocado pasta salad has the same creamy texture as the original, but with the delicious flavor provided by the avocado and a touch of lime juice
This easy avocado and pasta salad recipe also makes a great light main dish, and it is perfect for vegetarians, vegans... or just anyone who loves avocados. Which should be everyone.
[Recipe + Video] Vegan Pasta and Avocado Salad
- ½ pound short pasta of your choice, [0.2 kg] (macaroni, penne, etc.)
- 2 teaspoons salt, (or more, to taste)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, (optional).
- ½ cup of green beans, blanched and cut into small pieces
- ½ cup of peas, blanched
- 1 carrot, peeled, boiled and cut into small cubes
- ¼ cup sweet corn, boiled
- 1 large, ripe avocado
- Juice from a lime
- 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh cilantro, (optional)
- A pinch of pepper
- Boiling pasta: Cook the pasta in salted water following the instructions in the package.Drain water and place pasta in a large mixing bowl.
- Combining ingredients: Combine pasta with green beans, peas, carrot and corn to the pasta. Chill for an hour.Peel the avocado and cut into cubes. Mix with the pasta.
- Seasoning: Stir in the lime juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir in cilantro.
- Serving: This is best serve immediately and at room temperature. If you want to store it, leave the avocado out (you can season it beforehand) and add the avocado right before serving.
Tips and Notes
To make pasta salad with avocado and chickenShred a roasted chicken breast (supermarket rotisserie works great) and add it to the mix.
How to make pasta salad with avocado and tunaOpen a can of tuna in water and drain the water, crumble the tuna and mix with the salad.
Nutritional information is calculated automatically based on ingredients listed. Please consult your doctor if you need precise nutritional information.