This awesome, creamy Pasta and Avocado Salad is a classic reinvented, with all the flavor of avocado to make it a lot lighter.
Behold this amazing Pasta and Avocado Salad! This macaroni salad with avocado instead of mayo is so creamy, so tasty, so amazing. How didn't I think of that before?
I read somewhere somebody asked, "do pasta and avocado go well together?".
How's that even a question? Avocado goes well with anything. That's what I believe and I am not changing my mind. I am a Dominican: Avocado is a constitutional right where I come from.
Well, not really, but it should be.
About this recipe
You may have noticed that I'm always trying to create lighter versions of traditional recipes, some of which are best left for special occasions. One such recipe is our cold macaroni salad with mayo. With a few changes here and there, this summer avocado pasta salad has the same creamy texture as the original, but with the delicious flavor provided by the avocado and a touch of lime juice
This easy avocado and pasta salad recipe also makes a great light main dish, and it is perfect for vegetarians, vegans... or just anyone who loves avocados. Which should be everyone.
Pasta and Avocado Salad Recipe
- 1/2 lb . [0.2 kg] of short pasta (macaroni, penne, etc.)
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil (optional).
- 1/2 cup of green beans , blanched and cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup of peas , blanched
- 1 carrot , peeled, boiled and cut into small cubes
- 1/4 cup of sweet corn , boiled
- 1 large , ripe avocado
- Juice from a lime
- 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- 1 teaspoon of salt (or more, to taste)
- A pinch of pepper
- Boil the pasta following the instructions in the package, adding a teaspoon of salt to the water.
- Remove from the water, mix oil and pasta.
- Add green beans, peas, carrot and corn to the pasta. Chill for an hour.
- Peel the avocado and cut into cubes. Mix with the pasta.
- Add the lime juice and cilantro.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately.