Stuffed Chicken Breasts is a simple dish with an attractive presentation and easy-to-find ingredients that you probably have around the house.
On the meat side, Stuffed Chicken Breasts is possibly the least offensive dish we can offer, this is why: Based on the data published in December by the Dominican Ministry of Agriculture, Dominicans consume more chicken -- by far -- than the two next most popular meats combined.
This is not strange at all: chicken is less expensive, more abundant, and easier to cook. Chicken is also one of the least controversial meats.
Whenever I invite large groups of people, and if I am not sure about what everyone likes, I serve chicken (with a vegan version thrown in should there be a vegan in the group). It is hard to go wrong with chicken breasts.
So, enjoy this Stuffed Chicken Breasts. I am sure so will your guests.
Stuffed Chicken Breasts Recipe
- 6 chicken breasts
- 1 ¼ teaspoon salt, , divided
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 bell peppers
- ½ cup of pitted olives
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, (corn, peanut or soy)
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- 4 sprigs of cilantro
- Using a very sharp knife cut alongside the breasts, going deeper to carve a pocket.
- Season the breasts, inside and out, with a teaspoon of salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Chop the peppers, mix with the olives and garlic and pulse using the food processor until it turns into a coarse paste.
- Stuff the breasts with the paste, close using toothpicks.
- Heat the vegetable oil in an skillet over high heat.
- Brown the breasts, both sides, being careful with oil splatter.
- Reduce the heat to medium and cover with a tight-fitting lid. The stuffing will release enough liquid for the breasts to cook.
- Turn regularly so the breasts cook evenly on both sides.
- When all the liquid has evaporated remove the breasts from the heat.
- While the breasts cook mix olive oil, lime juice, cilantro and a ¼ teaspoon of salt in a food processor.
- Remove the toothpicks and serve the breasts garnished with the cilantro sauce.
Nutritional information is calculated automatically based on ingredients listed. Please consult your doctor if you need precise nutritional information.