Stuffed Chicken Breasts is a simple dish with an attractive presentation and easy-to-find ingredients that you probably have around the house.
On the meat side, Stuffed Chicken Breasts is possibly the least offensive dish we can offer, this is why: Based on the data published in December by the Dominican Ministry of Agriculture, Dominicans consume more chicken -- by far -- than the two next most popular meats combined.
This is not strange at all: chicken is less expensive, more abundant, and easier to cook. Chicken is also one of the least controversial meats.
Whenever I invite large groups of people, and if I am not sure about what everyone likes, I serve chicken (with a vegan version thrown in should there be a vegan in the group). It is hard to go wrong with chicken breasts.
So, enjoy this Stuffed Chicken Breasts. I am sure so will your guests.
Stuffed Chicken Breasts Recipe
- 6 chicken breasts
- 1 ¼ teaspoon of salt, , divided
- ½ teaspoon of pepper
- 2 bell peppers
- ½ cup of pitted olives
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil, (corn, peanut or soy)
- ⅓ cup of olive oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- 4 sprigs of cilantro
- Using a very sharp knife cut alongside the breasts, going deeper to carve a pocket.
- Season the breasts, inside and out, with a teaspoon of salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Chop the peppers, mix with the olives and garlic and pulse using the food processor until it turns into a coarse paste.
- Stuff the breasts with the paste, close using toothpicks.
- Heat the vegetable oil in an skillet over high heat.
- Brown the breasts, both sides, being careful with oil splatter.
- Reduce the heat to medium and cover with a tight-fitting lid. The stuffing will release enough liquid for the breasts to cook.
- Turn regularly so the breasts cook evenly on both sides.
- When all the liquid has evaporated remove the breasts from the heat.
- While the breasts cook mix olive oil, lime juice, cilantro and a ¼ teaspoon of salt in a food processor.
- Remove the toothpicks and serve the breasts garnished with the cilantro sauce.