Triples (three layers avocado and egg sandwich), are a lovely, cute, refreshing, simple finger food for your party, perfect for the time-strapped host(ess).
Why we ❤️ it
I love, love these delicious triples (triple-layered mini-sandwiches). They are perfect for parties and get-togethers.
I'm sure I'm not alone when I say that entertaining can sometimes be a stressful proposition: picking the right dishes, food preparation, hiring a brass band... OK, forget about that last one.
About this recipe
This is one of my to-go dishes that are perfect for entertaining: They look refined but with a minimum of effort. Look at those cute mini-sandwiches. These, inspired by a Peruvian dish, and with ingredients, any Dominican would love, couldn't be any easier to make.
This awesome free recipe contains Amazon affiliate links, we receive a small commission from any purchase you make at no extra cost to you. Thanks!
[Recipe + Video] Triples (Three-Layered Avocado and Egg Sandwich)
- 3 egg (medium), hard-boiled
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise, [70g]
- 1 small red onion, minced, divided [22g]
- 1 bell pepper, minced [22g]
- 1 teaspoon salt, [7g] (or more, to taste), divided
- 1 avocado, ripe
- 2 plum tomato, minced [120g]
- ½ teaspoon of vinegar
- 9 slices white sandwich bread
- 1 dozen pitted green olives, (optional)
- Making egg layer: Mash the eggs with a fork. Mix in pepper, half the onion, and season with salt to taste. Set aside
- Making avocado layer: Mash the avocados with a fork, but not so much it turns into a paste. Mix with the tomatoes, remaining onion, and vinegar. Season with salt to taste.
- Layering: Spread 4 tablespoons of the egg mix on top of a slice of bread, cover with another slice. Cover top slice slice with 4 tablespoons of the avocado mixture, and top with a third slice of bread.
- Cutting: With a very sharp bread knife, cut the crust, then divide each sandwich into 4 triangles, or 4 small squares. Repeat until you use the remaining bread.
- Serving and storing: Garnish with olives. Serve immediately, or refrigerate covered with saran wrap for 30 minutes if needed, or if you would like to serve chilled.
Tips and Notes
Nutritional information is calculated automatically based on ingredients listed. Please consult your doctor if you need precise nutritional information.