Triples (three layers avocado and egg sandwich), are a lovely, cute, refreshing, simple finger food for your party, perfect for the time-strapped host(ess).
I love, love these delicious triples (triple-layered mini-sandwiches). They are perfect for parties and get-togethers.
I'm sure I'm not alone when I say that entertaining can sometimes be a stressful proposition: picking the right dishes, food preparation, hiring a brass band... OK, forget about that last one.
About this recipe
This is one of my to-go dishes that are perfect for entertaining: They look refined but with a minimum of effort. Look at those cute mini-sandwiches. These, inspired by a Peruvian dish, and with ingredients, any Dominican would love, couldn't be any easier to make.
[Recipe + Video] Triples (Three-Layered Avocado and Egg Sandwich)
- 3 hard-boiled eggs
- 3 tablespoons of mayonnaise, [70g]
- 1 small purple onion, minced, divided [22g]
- 1 bell pepper, minced [22g]
- 1 teaspoon salt, [7g] (or more, to taste), divided
- 1 avocado, ripe
- 2 plum tomatoes, minced [120g]
- ½ teaspoon of vinegar
- 9 slices of white sandwich bread
- 1 dozen pitted olives, (optional)
- Making egg layer: Mash the eggs with a fork. Mix in pepper, half the onion, and season with salt to taste. Set aside
- Making avocado layer: Mash the avocados with a fork, but not so much it turns into a paste. Mix with the tomatoes, remaining onion, and vinegar. Season with salt to taste.
- Layering: Spread 4 tablespoons of the egg mix on top of a slice of bread, cover with another slice. Cover top slice slice with 4 tablespoons of the avocado mixture, and top with a third slice of bread.
- Cutting: With a very sharp bread knife, cut the crust, then divide each sandwich into 4 triangles, or 4 small squares. Repeat until you use the remaining bread.
- Serving and storing: Garnish with olives. Serve immediately, or refrigerate covered with saran wrap for 30 minutes if needed, or if you would like to serve chilled.
Tips and Notes
Nutritional information is calculated automatically based on ingredients listed. Please consult your doctor if you need precise nutritional information.