Triples (three layers avocado and egg sandwich), are a lovely, cute, refreshing, simple finger food for your party, perfect for the time-strapped host(ess).
I love, love these delicious triples (triple-layered mini-sandwiches). They are perfect for parties and get-togethers.
I'm sure I'm not alone when I say that entertaining can sometimes be a stressful proposition: picking the right dishes, food preparation, hiring a brass band... OK, forget about that last one.
About this recipe
This is one of my to-go dishes that are perfect for entertaining: They look refined but with a minimum of effort. Look at those cute mini-sandwiches. These, inspired by a Peruvian dish, and with ingredients, any Dominican would love, couldn't be any easier to make.
[Recipe + Video] Triples (Three-Layered Avocado and Egg Sandwich)
- 3 hard-boiled eggs
- 3 tablespoons of mayonnaise, [70g]
- 1 small purple onion, minced, divided [22g]
- 1 bell pepper, minced [22g]
- 1 teaspoon of salt, [7g] (or more, to taste), divided
- 1 avocado, ripe
- 2 plum tomatoes, minced [120g]
- ½ teaspoon of vinegar
- 9 slices of white sandwich bread
- 1 doz pitted olives, (optional)
- Making egg layer: Mash the eggs with a fork. Mix in pepper, half the onion, and season with salt to taste. Set aside
- Making avocado layer: Mash the avocados with a fork, but not so much it turns into a paste. Mix with the tomatoes, remaining onion, and vinegar. Season with salt to taste.
- Layering: Spread 4 tablespoons of the egg mix on top of a slice of bread, cover with another slice. Cover top slice slice with 4 tablespoons of the avocado mixture, and top with a third slice of bread.
- Cutting: With a very sharp bread knife, cut the crust, then divide each sandwich into 4 triangles, or 4 small squares. Repeat until you use the remaining bread.
- Serving and storing: Garnish with olives. Serve immediately, or refrigerate covered with saran wrap for 30 minutes if needed, or if you would like to serve chilled.