Looking for a flavorful, amazing, homemade BBQ sauce? This BBQ guava sauce will be taking your parrillada to the next level. Even better, it's quick and easy to make.
We love guava, and it stands to reason that we'll also love this spicy BBQ guava sauce drizzled or smeared over our parrillada meat.
Pasta de guayaba (as we call it) will thicken the sauce, impart a great deal of guava flavor, and add the sweetness in this sweet, sour, and spicy sauce.
How to serve
You can drizzle over grilled meat, or brush on meat before grilling for that caramelized sticky goodnees anyone will love. I highly recommend it with chuleta frita, grilled pork chops (instead of the mango sauce), turkey, and even roasted chicken (instead of the garlic sauce).
Another way to use it is in this BBQ ribs, instead of the rum sauce that comes with the recipe.
About this recipe
This salsa de guayaba BBQ is not a traditional Dominican recipe, but does include local ingredients and flavors.
I have added just a minimum of spiciness, but you can definitely adjust it to your liking.
Give it a try, you may find yourself daydreaming about it soon after.
[Recipe + Video] Homemade BBQ Spicy Guava Sauce
- 3 tablespoons of guava paste, (dulce de guayaba)
- A pinch of pepper
- A pinch of cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of apple vinegar
- 3 tablespoons of boiling water
- 3 tablespoons of low-sugar ketchup
- Combining: In a small mixing bowl, combine guava paste, pepper, cayenne pepper, ¼ teaspoon of salt, and vinegar.Add boiling water and using a spatula dissolve the guava paste until it's smooth and well-combined.Add ketchup and stir to combine.
- Serving: Serve alongside your favorite grilled meat, or use as a pre-grill rub for pork, chicken, and even sausages.