This quick Arroz Amarillo (Rice with Carrot and Onion) is perfect for when I cook more rice that we actually consume and is one of my favorite ways to reuse rice.
I am a big, huge fan of reusing leftovers. And this is why I think this Arroz Amarillo recipe (Rice with Carrot and Onion) is so brilliant.
At home, we "recycle" almost all the leftovers. This Yellow Rice with Carrots and Onions dish is perfect for that purpose.
About this recipe
"Arroz Amarillo" (yellow rice) is not really any particular dish in our country. The name is given to any dish where rice has a prominent yellow color, and there are very many recipes for yellow rice out there. What sets this rice with carrot and onion recipe apart is that this one uses leftover Arroz Blanco (white rice), and it's super quick to make.
In one of the pictures you see I serve this with another of our super-quick recipes: Spicy Beef with Pepper and Orange. Try that combination.
Arroz Amarillo Recipe (Yellow Rice with Carrot and Onion)
- 1 large carrot
- 1 large onion
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 6 cups of pre-cooked white rice, (see recipe)
- 1 cup of vegetable broth
- 1 flat parsley sprig, , minced
- Sauté vegetables: Heat oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Add carrots and onion and cook, stirring, for one minute.
- Add rice: After five minutes, add the white rice and mix well. Add the vegetable broth, cook over low heat for two minutes. Sponge with a fork and mix with the parsley.
- Serve: Serve hot with avocado and your favorite stewed meat dish.