Say I love you with this Honey, Cherry and Rum Cake, a simple dessert perfect to end your romantic dinner. It's easy to make and does not require hard-to-find gadgets.
It's the perfect time to make this Honey, Cherry and Rum Cake, as Valentines Day is approaching, and the media keeps on relentlessly reminding me.
I developed this cherry, honey and rum cake recipe and made some of the pictures for a client, in the end, they did not use all the pictures so I decided to share them with you.
If you're looking for a super-simple dessert for your Valentines dinner then this one is it. It requires no fancy kitchen equipment, not even a mixer. It is very fast to make and has a nice combination of flavors.
So, are you making Honey, Cherry and Rum Cake today?
It sure tastes better than flowers and diamonds.
Honey, Cherry and Rum Cake Recipe
- 2 doz cherries
- ¼ cup of brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of ginger powder
- 1.5 cups of flour
- ⅓ cup of milk
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon of baking powder
- ¼ cup of neutrally-flavored oil (corn, soy or peanut)
- ¼ cup of dark honey
- ¼ cup of rum
- 2 tablespoons of powdered sugar (caster)
- Preheat oven to 300 ºF [150 ºC).
- Pit and halve 18 cherries. Reserve.
- Place the brown sugar in a mixing bowl. Add ginger, flour, oil, milk, egg and baking powder. Whisk until you have a smooth batter.
- Add the halved cherries and mix with a spatula. Pour into silicone baking molds like these (affiliate link) cake or small heart-shaped cake molds.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until you insert a skewer or knife in the middle and it comes out clean.
- Mix the rum and honey and pour over the cakes. Let them rest for an hour. Garnish with the remaining cherries and sprinkle with the powdered sugar.