Say I love you with this Honey, Cherry and Rum Cake, a simple dessert perfect to end your romantic dinner. It's easy to make and does not require hard-to-find gadgets.
It's the perfect time to make this Honey, Cherry and Rum Cake, as Valentines Day is approaching, and the media keeps on relentlessly reminding me.
I developed this cherry, honey and rum cake recipe and made some of the pictures for a client, in the end, they did not use all the pictures so I decided to share them with you.
If you're looking for a super-simple dessert for your Valentines dinner then this one is it. It requires no fancy kitchen equipment, not even a mixer. It is very fast to make and has a nice combination of flavors.
So, are you making Honey, Cherry and Rum Cake today?
It sure tastes better than flowers and diamonds.
Honey, Cherry and Rum Cake Recipe
- 2 doz cherries
- ¼ cup of brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of ginger powder
- 1.5 cups of flour
- ⅓ cup of milk
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon of baking powder
- ¼ cup of neutrally-flavored oil, (corn, soy or peanut)
- ¼ cup of dark honey
- ¼ cup of rum
- 2 tablespoons of powdered sugar, (caster)
- Preheat oven to 300 ºF [150 ºC).
- Pit and halve 18 cherries. Reserve.
- Place the brown sugar in a mixing bowl. Add ginger, flour, oil, milk, egg and baking powder. Whisk until you have a smooth batter.
- Add the halved cherries and mix with a spatula. Pour into silicone baking molds like these (affiliate link) cake or small heart-shaped cake molds.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until you insert a skewer or knife in the middle and it comes out clean.
Mix the rum and honey and pour over the cakes. Let them rest for an hour. Garnish with the remaining cherries and sprinkle with the powdered sugar.