A little bit of chicken, a few other ingredients, a couple of minutes, and you'll be serving this creamy chicken and cream cheese dip that your guests will love.
Sometimes when I'm not in the mood to cook, I make do with a rotisserie chicken from the supermarket. A few pieces are enough for a meal for our family of three, the rest I can reuse in other dishes, such as croquettes, filling for empanadas and pastelones, salad, and picadera.
You can also use it as a sandwich filling for a light lunch or dinner.
About this recipe
The trick to this spread is to shred the chicken well so that there are no long strands. Although you can serve it in a few minutes, it tastes better if left to rest and is perfect for cookouts and potlucks.
If you feel like it, you can add more paprika to make it spicier.
[Recipe + Video] Chicken Cream Cheese Dip
- 2 cups finely chopped and shredded roasted chicken
- ½ cup grated carrot
- ⅓ chopped olive
- ¼ cup chopped celery
- ¼ teaspoon finely chopped parsley
- ¼ cup finely chopped leek, divided
- 1 cup cream cheese at room temperature
- ½ cup cream or evaporated milk
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1½ tablespoons onion powder
- 1½ teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt, or more, to taste
- Combining: In a large bowl mix chicken, carrot, olive, celery, ¾ of the leek (save ¼ for garnish), and cream cheese. Stir to combine well.Add the milk or cream, and mix well. Add the mayonnaise and combine.Season with onion powder, pepper, paprika, pepper, and salt to taste.
- Serving: Serve immediately, or refrigerate covered for up to 8 hours. Garnish with the rest of the leeks before serving.You can serve with picadera, chips, or even use it to make sandwiches.