This easy no-bake lime and mango cheesecake is a summer favorite for us, combining some of our favorite flavors in a dessert that doesn't require cooking.
Why we ❤️ it
Mango is one of our favorite fruits, and our country can boast a great number of honey-sweet, fragrant varieties. We LOVE mango, so this is a marvelous way to combine mango, our beloved limes, and the Aunties' favorite dessert in this mango cheesecake recipe, no baking necessary.
No baking means that you and your kitchen will stay cooler, which is perfect in our hell-hot summer days.
About this recipe
I could have made this with mango alone, but, as I have already written about it, I like my cheesecakes with a slight touch of sour (although I wouldn't say no to any kind of cheesecake), so I added some lime juice, which, to me improves the flavor and texture a lot.
I also used as few ingredients as possible to make the recipe more accessible, and tested it with a hand-held mixer, in case you don't have a stand one.
The mango topping for cheesecake is like a thick jam, and not like gelatin (gelatin does not set in fresh mango juice), but it does get thick enough to stay in place and create the clean lines that make this so fancy-looking.
If you are looking to lower the carb content, you can make the crust by using 10 oz, or about 2 cups [284 g] of unblanched almonds, 3 tablespoons [42 g] of butter, and 2 tablespoons of cream cheese, and following the same process as indicated in the recipe.
Instead of sugar, you can also use a sugar-equivalent sweetener (I tested it with this one [Amazon affiliate link]).
Bear in mind this is not a keto-friendly dessert, even with these changes, as mango has a lot of sugar.
[Recipe + Video] Easy No-Bake Lime and Mango Cheesecake
For the crust
- 5 ounces whole-wheat Graham crackers, [142 g]
- 5 ounces blanched almonds, [142 g]
- 3 tablespoon butter (salted), [42 g]
For the mango juice
- 1 large ripe mango, or 2 small, peeled and diced
- 1½ tablespoon unflavored gelatin powder
- 1 cup boiling-hot water, plus ¼ cup at room temperature
- Making the base: Mix the cookies, almonds, and butter in a food processor and grind until it has the texture of brown sugar. Pour into a 7-inch [18 cm] cheesecake pan [Amazon affiliate link]. Press the mix with the back of a spoon to form an even crust.Set aside on the counter
- Making the mango juice: Blend the mango pulp until it's very smooth and completely pureed.Set aside in the fridge.
- Dissolving the gelatin: In a bowl add room temperature water. Whisking continuously add the gelatin powder in a fine mist avoiding clumps.Pour boiling water into a different bowl of the same size, and put the bowl of dissolved gelatin in the bowl with boiling water (like a bain-marie), and let them rest until everything has cooled to room temperature.Discard the water in the lower bowl. Set the dissolved gelatin aside on the counter.
- Mixing the whipping cream and cheese: In a large mixing bowl (see notes), pour in the whipping cream. Whisk at high speed until it forms smooth peaks (3-4 mins).Add the cream cheese and ½ cup [100 g] of sugar, and whisk at high speed until it's fluffy and smooth (2-3 mins).Pour in half the lime juice, whisk to incorporate. Pour in one cup of mango juice a little bit at a time until it's all incorporated. Pour in ⅔ of the dissolved gelatin and whisk to incorporate. Taste for sweetness and add extra sugar if needed (see notes).
- Chilling the cream cheese layer: Pour the cream cheese mixture into the baking pan, tap on the counter a couple of times to get rid of large bubbles, and level with a spatula.Cover with plastic film (or better yet, eco-friendly reusable waxed fabric [Amazon affiliate link]) and chill for at least an hour.
- Making the mango layer: Add the juice of half a lime to the mango juice. Sweeten with sugar to taste (see notes). Mix in the remaining ⅓ of dissolved gelatin.Pour the mango layer over the cream cheese layer, and chill covered for at least 3 hours, best overnight.
- Serving: Once chilled thoroughly, serve. Garnish with mango and lime slices if you wish.
Tips and Notes
Nutritional information is calculated automatically based on ingredients listed. Please consult your doctor if you need precise nutritional information.