Limeade is one of my favorite drinks, so easy to make, so refreshing. This coconut pineapple limeade makes summer easier to survive and enjoy!
Why we ❤️ it
Every summer I make it my mission to spend as little time in the kitchen as possible. Ironic, I know, but you'll understand my position if you've ever spent a summer in La Tierrita. Summer cooking here is no for the faint-hearted... or the pre-menopausal.
Coming up with new and improved ways to keep us from going up in flames is my life mission, and refreshing, ice-loaded drinks is one of them. Who can resist a tall glass of icy-cold limeade? Imagine how much better it can get if you add pineapple to it.
Pineapple and coconut pineapple limeade.
About this recipe
A limeade is a limeade. It's a drink that almost anyone can make. Where I've made changes is in adding pineapple to it, and making it a slush for extra refreshment. I have also made two other versions to cater to everyone's tastes.
Pineapple, coconut and lime
If you can find some agua de coco (coconut water), use that instead of water in the recipe for an extra tropical touch.
Coconut, pineapple and lime vodka cocktail
To serve as a cocktail, adding some white rum or vodka (I prefer rum, naturally) makes for a great summer treat for grownups, and easy to have ready in a few minutes.
This awesome free recipe contains Amazon affiliate links, we receive a small commission from any purchase you make at no extra cost to you. Thanks!
[Recipe + Video] Summer Pineapple Limeade
- 2 cup diced pineapple, see notes
- ¾ cup sugar (white, granulated), (or more, to taste)
- 4 cup water, (or coconut water)
- Juice of 4 limes
- 2 cup ice cubes
- ½ cup white rum, or vodka (or more, to taste)
- Pineapple and limes to garnish, (optional)
- Blending: In the blender vase, combine pineapple, and sugar. Blend until it's liquefied. Sieve to get rid of undissolved solids. If you are making it to serve later, do this step,
- Crushing ice: Add lime juice, ice cubes, and rum (if you choose to use it).Blend to crush ice to your preferred consistency. It can be made into smaller ice chunks or slushy.
- Serving: Serve immediately.If you want to make it before guests arrive, follow the first step, and chill covered for later. Complete steps two and three when it's time to serve it.
Tips and Notes
Nutritional information is calculated automatically based on ingredients listed. Please consult your doctor if you need precise nutrition information.