A quick, simple, amazing party food with one of our favorite ingredients, this Avocado and Garlic Crackers Party Food is perfect for the occasion.
This post is sponsored by Nabisco® and RITZ®.
Is it summer already? It might as well be here. Let's say hello to our looong march to summer with these Avocado and Garlic Crackers Party Food.
Like every year as soon as it's warm enough, I start sharing our summer-friendly recipes that require little cooking.
About this recipe
For this irresistible party snack I topped crispy RITZ Garlic Butter Crackers (this recipe has been developed in partnership with Nabisco) with a Mexican inspired avocado topping (I don't mess with other people's traditional foods, so let's not call it a guacamole), and a touch of queso cremita (the Dominican version of queso fresco), and/or bacon. Because, bacon.
There are a lot of great ingredients in this sauce, things we Dominicans are used to, and love. Avocado, for example. Our obsession with the stuff is legendary. We can eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner. This is why I am sure that this is going to be a hit with your guests.
Who doesn't love avocado? OK. I don't need to know...
To add a bit of extra flavor, some crispy bacon, or a touch of queso cremita, decorate with some cilantro and you'll be ready to celebrate summer. Regardless of the weather outside your door.
Avocado and Garlic Crackers Party Food Recipe
- ¼ pound of bacon, [0.11 Kg]
- 1 small red onion
- 1 ripe plum tomato
- 1 small avocado
- A pinch freshly-cracked pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt, (or more, to taste)
- Juice of a lime
- 12 RITZ Butter Garlic Crackers
- ¼ pound of queso cremita, [0.11 Kg] (queso fresco), crumbled
- Cilantro to garnish
- Cook bacon: Chop the bacon into ½" [1.5 cm] pieces. Place the bacon in a microwave-safe container, and cover with plastic film. Cook for 5 minutes. Remove from the container, and place on a paper towel to absorb excess grease.Alternatively, you can fry in a pan.
- Combining: Dice the onion and the tomato. Peel and chop the avocado. Mix with the onion and tomato. Season with pepper, salt and lime juice to taste. Chill.
- Serving: Serve avocado alongside crackers, bacon and cheese. When serving top the crackers with the avocado, top with bacon or cheese and garnish with cilantro.
Nutritional information is calculated automatically based on ingredients listed. Please consult your doctor if you need precise nutritional information.
Nabisco provides a variety of products that fits into your Latino-inspired recipes, and are perfect to celebrate Día del Niño. Visit Nabisco's website or my Pinterest board to find inspiration and the kind of recipes your spring (and summer) needs.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Nabisco. The opinions and text are all mine.