Serve your guests these fancy-looking Easy Party Foods, everyone loves finger foods that are easy to make, don't take a long time and require no cooking whatsoever.
| Lee en Español |
After Summer — my least favorite season of the year — Autumn brings with it sweet relief from glass-melting heat and ridiculous humidity. Finally, time to get back in the kitchen.
But the socializing doesn’t slow down now, on the contrary! If you have a get-together at home, a weekend picnic, or an office potluck, these dainty cold finger foods are just perfect. What’s not to love about these beautiful Salmon Pinwheels, Mini Savory Cheesecakes with Serrano Ham, and Black Olive Sandwiches?
One thing to remember is that for many of us Autumn is just slightly cooler than summer (which is plenty good for me), and while I slowly go back to the kitchen I still appreciate a recipe that requires little time in the kitchen, and that allows me to impress my guests without having to spend hours slaving over a stove.
The hardest part of making this beautiful picadera is washing the food processor bowl when changing recipes. And should you be in possession of one kid, or more, you can recruit them to help. I know my kid loved to help and loved to eat them.
I loved making these dainty, cute, little things. Better yet, I used products I have at home and I love. I am sure you have some of those at home too. Thanks to Kraft for sponsoring this recipe.
Easy Party Foods Recipe
For the salmon rolls
- 7 oz [200 gr] of smoked salmon
- 1/2 cup of Chive and Onion Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 2 whole-wheat tortilla rolls (8″ [20.32 cm] in diameter)
- 4 sprigs of fresh dill
For the savory ham mini-cheesecakes
- 6 oz [85 gr] (approx. 3/4 cup) of Fat Free Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 6 oz [170 gr] of Serrano or Prosciutto ham ,sliced very thinly, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon of freshly-cracked pepper
- 12 unsweetened mini-pastry shells
- 12 basil leaves
For the olive sandwiches
- 60 oz [84 gr] (approx. 6 TBP) of unsalted butter at room temperature
- 6 oz [170 gr] of turkey ham
- 6 oz [170 gr] (approx. 3/4 cup) of Kraft 100% Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 4 doz. black olives , divided
- 6 slices of a large white crustless bread loaf
- 12 toothpicks
- GO HERE TO SEE THE REST OF THE RECIPE.
For a creamier, lower salt Serrano paste, add 1 red bell pepper to the mixture when you mince it in the food processor. It also gives it a nice color.
They are made with the Kraft family of products, who sponsor them. I was provided with products and quality guidelines, but the words and ideas are 100% mine.