Serve your guests these fancy-looking Easy Party Foods, everyone loves finger foods that are easy to make, don't take a long time and require no cooking whatsoever.
This post is sponsored by Kraft®
After Summer — my least favorite season of the year — Autumn brings with it sweet relief from glass-melting heat and ridiculous humidity. Finally, time to get back in the kitchen.
But the socializing doesn’t slow down now, on the contrary! If you have a get-together at home, a weekend picnic, or an office potluck, these dainty cold finger foods are just perfect. What’s not to love about these beautiful Salmon Pinwheels, Mini Savory Cheesecakes with Serrano Ham, and Black Olive Sandwiches?
One thing to remember is that for many of us Autumn is just slightly cooler than summer (which is plenty good for me), and while I slowly go back to the kitchen I still appreciate a recipe that requires little time in the kitchen, and that allows me to impress my guests without having to spend hours slaving over a stove.
The hardest part of making this beautiful picadera is washing the food processor bowl when changing recipes. And should you be in possession of one kid, or more, you can recruit them to help. I know my kid loved to help and loved to eat them.
I loved making these dainty, cute, little things. Better yet, I used products I have at home and love. I am sure you have some of those at home too. Thanks to Kraft for sponsoring this recipe.
Easy Party Foods Recipe
For the salmon rolls
- 7 oz smoked salmon [200 gr]
- 1/2 cup Chive and Onion Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 2 whole-wheat tortilla rolls (8″ [20.32 cm] in diameter)
- 4 sprigs fresh dill
For the savory ham mini-cheesecakes
- 6 oz Fat-Free Philadelphia Cream Cheese ([85 gr] approx. 3/4 cup)
- 6 oz Serrano or Prosciutto ham [170 gr], sliced very thinly, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-cracked pepper
- 12 unsweetened mini-pastry shells
- 12 basil leaves
For the olive sandwiches
- 60 oz unsalted butter ([84 gr] approx. 6 TBP) at room temperature
- 6 oz turkey ham [170 gr]
- 6 oz Kraft 100% Grated Parmesan Cheese ([170 gr] approx. 3/4 cup)
- 4 doz black olives , divided
- 6 slices large white crustless bread loaf
- 12 toothpicks
For salmon rolls
- Chop the salmon in the food processor.
- Spread an even layer of cream cheese on the tortillas. Cover with an even layer of chopped salmon. Roll up tortillas.
- Cut into 1/2" [1.3 cm] slices. Garnish with dill. Cover the plate with plastic wrap and keep refrigerated until serving time.
For ham mini cheesecakes
- Mix the cream cheese with the ham (save three slices for later) and pepper. Mix in the food processor until it becomes a thick paste.
- Fill the pies with the ham mixture. Decorate with strips of reserved ham and basil leaves. Cover the dish with plastic wrap and keep refrigerated until it's time to serve.
For olive sandwiches
- Mix butter, ham, and parmesan cheese. Mix in the processor until you get a smooth paste.
- Add half the olives and chop in the processor.
- Spread the mixture over three slices of bread and cover with the other three (to make three sandwiches).
- Cut them into quarters. Prick two olives on each toothpick and stick them in the mini-sandwiches. Cover the dish with plastic wrap and keep refrigerated until it's time to serve.
They are made with the Kraft family of products, who sponsor them. I was provided with products and quality guidelines, but the words and ideas are 100% mine.