Sweeten your summer with this chilled No-Bake Dulce de Leche Cheesecake recipe! It's easy to make, and requires no cooking!
Why we ❤️ it
Summer comes every year, and every year I start working on recipes that require little time in the kitchen. Some of my recipes don't even require heat to make them; this is one that I have been working on for a year now. Yes, some recipes require extensive tasting, oops, I mean testing.
Imagine your BBQ party ending with this luscious No-Bake Dulce de Leche Cheesecake that takes little time to make -- most of it is time cooling in the fridge – it doesn't get better than that!
About this recipe
The secret? Instead of eggs and time in the oven, as it’s required in a traditional cheesecake, this one calls for gelatin to give the cheesecake the right consistency.
If you want to try another no-bake cheesecake, this lime and mango cheesecake, comes highly recommended too.
This awesome free recipe contains Amazon affiliate links, we receive a small commission from any purchase you make at no extra cost to you. Thanks!
[Recipe + Video] No-Bake Dulce de Leche Cheesecake Recipe
For the crust
- 1 ounces whole-wheat graham crackers, [28 g]
- 5 ounces blanched almonds, [142 g] (see notes)
- 6 tablespoons butter (salted)
For the gelatin
- 1 tablespoon unflavored gelatin powder
- 1 cup boiling-hot water, plus ¼ cup at room temperature
- Making the base: Mix the crackers, almonds, and butter in a food processor and grind until it has the texture of brown sugar.Pour into a 6½-inch [16 cm] springform pan [Amazon affiliate link]. Press the mix with the back of a spoon to form an even crust. If you cover the sides with the crust, make sure to line the baking pan with parchment paper.Set aside on the counter
- Dissolving the gelatin: In a bowl add room temperature water. Whisking continuously add the gelatin powder in a fine mist avoiding clumps.Pour boiling water into a different bowl of the same size, and put the bowl of dissolved gelatin in the bowl with boiling water (like a bain-marie), and let them rest until everything has cooled to room temperature.Discard the water in the lower bowl. Set the dissolved gelatin aside on the counter.
- Mixing: In a large mixing bowl (see notes), pour in the whipping cream. Whisk at high speed until it forms smooth peaks (3-4 mins).Add the cream cheese, and whisk to mix. It will be a bit dry and lumpy now. Add lime zest, and condensed milk, vanilla extract, and whisk at high speed until it's fluffy and smooth (2-3 mins).Pour in the dissolved gelatin and whisk to incorporate.
- Chilling: Pour the cream cheese mixture into the baking pan, tap on the counter a couple of times to get rid of large bubbles, and level with a spatula.Pour the dulce de leche on the cream cheese mix and, using a skewer, mix making marble-like swirls.Cover with plastic film (or better yet, eco-friendly reusable waxed fabric [Amazon affiliate link]) and chill for at least 4 hours or, best, overnight
- Serving: Once chilled thoroughly, serve.
Tips and Notes
Nutritional information is calculated automatically based on ingredients listed. Please consult your doctor if you need precise nutrition information.