Sweeten your summer with this chilled No-Bake Dulce de Leche Cheesecake recipe! It's easy to make, and requires no cooking!
Recipe sponsored by Kraft® and PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese®
Why we ❤️ it
Summer comes every year, and every year I start working on recipes that require little time in the kitchen. Some of my recipes don't even require heat to make them; this is one that I have been working on for a year now. Yes, some recipes require extensive tasting, oops, I mean testing.
Imagine your BBQ party ending with this luscious No-Bake Dulce de Leche Cheesecake that takes little time to make -- most of it is time cooling in the fridge – it doesn't get better than that!
About this recipe
The secret? Instead of eggs and time in the oven, as it’s required in a traditional cheesecake, this one calls for gelatin to give the cheesecake the right consistency.
If you want to try another no-bake cheesecake, this lime and mango cheesecake comes highly recommended too.
[Recipe + Video] No-Bake Dulce de Leche Cheesecake Recipe
For the crust
- 1 ounces whole-wheat graham crackers, [28 g]
- 5 ounces blanched almonds, [142 g] (see notes)
- 6 tablespoons butter (salted)
For the gelatin
- 1 tablespoon unflavored gelatin powder
- 1 cup boiling-hot water, plus ¼ cup at room temperature
- Making the base: Mix the crackers, almonds, and butter in a food processor and grind until it has the texture of brown sugar.Pour into a 6½-inch [16 cm] springform pan [Amazon affiliate link]. Press the mix with the back of a spoon to form an even crust. If you cover the sides with the crust, make sure to line the baking pan with parchment paper.Set aside on the counter
- Dissolving the gelatin: In a bowl add room temperature water. Whisking continuously add the gelatin powder in a fine mist avoiding clumps.Pour boiling water into a different bowl of the same size, and put the bowl of dissolved gelatin in the bowl with boiling water (like a bain-marie), and let them rest until everything has cooled to room temperature.Discard the water in the lower bowl. Set the dissolved gelatin aside on the counter.
- Mixing: In a large mixing bowl (see notes), pour in the whipping cream. Whisk at high speed until it forms smooth peaks (3-4 mins).Add the cream cheese, and whisk to mix. It will be a bit dry and lumpy now. Add lime zest, and condensed milk, vanilla extract, and whisk at high speed until it's fluffy and smooth (2-3 mins).Pour in the dissolved gelatin and whisk to incorporate.
- Chilling: Pour the cream cheese mixture into the baking pan, tap on the counter a couple of times to get rid of large bubbles, and level with a spatula.Pour the dulce de leche on the cream cheese mix and, using a skewer, mix making marble-like swirls.Cover with plastic film (or better yet, eco-friendly reusable waxed fabric [Amazon affiliate link]) and chill for at least 4 hours or, best, overnight
- Serving: Once chilled thoroughly, serve.
Tips and Notes
Nutritional information is calculated automatically based on ingredients listed. Please consult your doctor if you need precise nutritional information.
This recipe is sponsored by KRAFT and their products PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, and KNOX Unflavored Gelatin.
Recipe and opinion are mine.