Looking for a strong, aromatic drink to carry you over the rest of the day? Look no further. This Creamy and Cold Morning Cocoa is what you need.
This post is sponsored by Nestle®
Living in a tropical paradise certainly has its perks, and while right now some of our readers in the East Coast are complaining of their never-ending winter this year, I would be very careful not to brag too loudly, soon it will be summer here and I will be complaining every bit as loudly as they are.
You notice how the temperature changes where I live just by seeing what recipes I post each week. This is a good week for a cool drink, and since I love my cocoa in the morning, this creamy spiced cocoa is jut the way to go.
Just to give you an idea, as I write this we have balmy temperatures in the mid-80s [30 ºC]. Spring? What is that? We just jump from cool winters to summer and back with nothing in between.
This is how spring looks here.
I loved the creaminess and and gently-spiced flavors of this drink, and since I have mostly quit my morning coffee these days, I am always looking for that drink that punctuates my mornings, this one is quite the exclamation mark.
Giveaway details and winner here.
Creamy and Cold Morning Cocoa Recipe
- 9 cup water
- 3 star anise
- 1 stick of cinnamon
- 6 cloves
- A pinch of freshly-grated nutmeg
- ¼ cup of sweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons sugar, , or to taste
- 2 cup of Nestle Coffee Mate Natural Bliss creamer
- 2 cup of crushed ice
- Mix water, star anise, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg and cocoa powder. Boil in a 2 qt pot over very low heat until liquid reduces by ⅓ its original volume. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
- Sieve to remove solids and add sugar to taste. Pour into small glasses and add ice. Pour in creamer and stir.
Nutritional information is calculated automatically based on ingredients listed. Please consult your doctor if you need precise nutritional information.