Looking for a strong, aromatic drink to carry you over the rest of the day? Look no further. This Creamy and Cold Morning Cocoa is what you need.
This post is sponsored by Nestle®
| Lee en Español |
Living in a tropical paradise certainly has its perks, and while right now some of our readers in the East Coast are complaining of their never-ending winter this year, I would be very careful not to brag too loudly, soon it will be summer here and I will be complaining every bit as loudly as they are.
You notice how the temperature changes where I live just by seeing what recipes I post each week. This is a good week for a cool drink, and since I love my cocoa in the morning, this creamy spiced cocoa is jut the way to go.
Just to give you an idea, as I write this we have balmy temperatures in the mid-80s [30 ºC]. Spring? What is that? We just jump from cool winters to summer and back with nothing in between.
This is how spring looks here.
I loved the creaminess and and gently-spiced flavors of this drink, and since I have mostly quit my morning coffee these days, I am always looking for that drink that punctuates my mornings, this one is quite the exclamation mark.
Giveaway details and winner here.
Creamy and Cold Morning Cocoa Recipe
- 9 cups of water
- 3 star anise
- 1 stick of cinnamon
- 6 cloves
- A pinch of freshly-grated nutmeg
- 1/4 cup of sweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons of sugar , or to taste
- 2 cups of Nestle Coffee Mate Natural Bliss creamer
- 2 cups of crushed ice
- Mix water, star anise, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg and cocoa powder. Boil in a 2 qt pot over very low heat until liquid reduces by 1/3 its original volume. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
- Sieve to remove solids and add sugar to taste. Pour into small glasses and add ice. Pour in creamer and stir.