You can never go wrong with chocolate. This Ponche de Chocolate (Chocolate Eggnog) feels somewhere between a luscious drink and light dessert. A must-try!
It's the last day of the year! Where has time gone? As a chocolate lover myself, nothing beats a toast with Ponche de Chocolate (Chocolate Eggnog). Join me.
This has been a bumpy ride of a year for our family. The lows have been very low, and the highs pretty up there. Despite the losses and the headaches there's always a reason to toast to a new year.
Despite having lost my beloved mother to a 4-year battle with a cruel disease, there's still much to be happy for: The family that we still have, the health we can keep, living in a pretty peaceful country, having a job, the health of our child, the food on our table.
I am really trying to grab onto these things and tell myself that the next year will be awesome, I can already see it.
From the bottom of our hearts, we sincerely wish you a very happy new year. May your wishes come true, may you live in peace and health. May you be blessed with a happy, loving family.
Toast with us to the new year with this creamy Ponche de Chocolate (Chocolate Eggnog).
Happy New Year!
Ponche de Chocolate Recipe (Chocolate Eggnog)
- 1 cup of evaporated milk
- 1 cup of water
- 2 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa
- 2 sticks of cinnamon
- 6 cloves
- 1 cup of white Dominican rum
- 1 1/4 cup of condensed milk
- 3 egg yolks
- A pinch of freshly-grated nutmeg
- Mix evaporated milk, water, cocoa, cinnamon and cloves. Simmer over very low heat until the liquid has reduced to half. (15 mins. approx.). Enfría a temperatura ambiente
- Mix the evaporated milk, condensed milk and egg yolks. Stir until it is mixed well. Sieve to remove solids.
- Cook in bain-marie over low heat for 20 minutes, stirring often to prevent it from sticking on the sides (see notes).
- Remove from the heat, and pour into another bowl. Whisk briskly to cool to room temperature.
- Add the rum and nutmeg and mix.
- Pour into a clean glass bottle and chill before serving. It keeps for about a week in the fridge.