Refreshing, exciting, flavorful, Sparkling Pomegranate and Watermelon Limeade is the perfect summer drink for kids and grownups alike.
Days have been getting cooler here, and little by little summer is turning into fall. So let's give summer the sendoff it deserves with this flavorful, refreshing Sparkling Pomegranate and Watermelon Juice Limeade.
Much as I complain about summer -- and the fact that as age creeps on me I seem to have a smaller tolerance for the summer heat -- there is a certain melancholy that comes with shorter days and the slower pace after the summer break.
I am always looking for new and great ways to cool down, and this pomegranate and watermelon juice benefits from being a great combination of fruits that nearly everyone likes.
So let's say goodbye to summer. Let's squeeze the last of these days, and headlong into the new season, and enjoy what it brings.
About this watermelon and pomegranate juice recipe
This is a very easy, very refreshing watermelon and pomegranate limeade. It is very easy and quick to make and is fantastic to serve to guests during summer.
Should you wish to experiment, try using lemons, or oranges instead of limes. If you cannot find pomegranate, just know that watermelon limeade is almost just as great, so leave the pomegranate out.
Sparkling Pomegranate and Watermelon Limeade Recipe
- 6 cups of diced watermelon (1 medium watermelon)
- 1/2 cups of seeded pomegranate
- 1 cup of lime juice
- 1/2 cup of sugar (or equivalent amount of sweetener of choice)
- 3 cups of crushed ice
- 1/2 qt [1/2 lt] of carbonated water
- Pour watermelon and pomegranate seeds into the blender vase. Puree in the blender. Sieve to get rid of solids, pressing with a spoon to squeeze as much liquid as possible.
- Mix the watermelon/pomegranate juice with the lime juice and add sugar (or sweetener) to taste.
- Pour equal portions into 6 highball glasses. Add equal amounts of ice.
- Pour equal amounts of carbonated water into each glass and serve immediately (before water goes completely flat).