Refreshing, exciting, flavorful, Sparkling Pomegranate and Watermelon Limeade is the perfect summer drink for kids and grownups alike.
Days have been getting cooler here, and little by little summer is turning into fall. So let’s give summer the sendoff it deserves with this flavorful, refreshing Sparkling Pomegranate and Watermelon Limeade.
The change from summer to fall in these parts of the world is subtle. There are no dramatic changes in the color of the local vegetation, no changing the wardrobe is necessary. But we still feel it just as well, and it may just be me, but there are also subtle changes in our mood.
Much as I complain about summer — and the fact that as age creeps on me I seem to have a smaller tolerance for the summer heat — there is a certain melancholy that comes with shorter days and the slower pace after the summer break.
Rain becomes more frequent these days, and times like now, with several days of overcast skies, forces us to live “inside” more often. My appetite changes and I go from low appetite and craving only light, refreshing dishes, and loathing dishes that make me spend too long in the kitchen to craving comfort food, warmer drinks. This is something that is frequently reflected in my choice of recipes for the blog.
So let’s say goodbye to summer. Let’s squeeze the last of these days, and head long into the new season, and enjoy what it brings.
Sparkling Pomegranate and Watermelon Limeade Recipe
- 6 cups of diced watermelon (1 medium watermelon)
- 1/2 cups of seeded pomegranate
- 1 cup of lime juice
- 1/2 cup of sugar (or equivalent amount of sweetener of choice)
- 3 cups of crushed ice
- 1/2 qt [1/2 lt] of carbonated water
- Pour watermelon and pomegranate seeds into the blender vase. Puree in the blender. Sieve to get rid of solids, pressing with a spoon to squeeze as much liquid as possible.
- Mix the watermelon/pomegranate juice with the lime juice and add sugar (or sweetener) to taste.
- Pour equal portions into 6 highball glasses. Add equal amounts of ice.
- Pour equal amounts of carbonated water into each glass and serve immediately (before water goes completely flat).