Nutritious, refreshing and very easy to make, Oatmeal and Strawberry Popsicles, everyone in the family will love them. Summer, here we come!
| Lee en Español |
Isn’t this Oatmeal and Strawberry Popsicle the perfect summer treat? Yes, it is.
When I was a kid I used to drink a strawberry and oatmeal drink that was very popular in the DR. I am not even sure if it is still sold, but I figured I could not only make my own, but make it into something my daughter would love. And she does.
This is almost breakfast-worthy, which makes it a great little treat for fuzzy kids, and a way to make them eat a healthy snack, and even come back for more. I’ll be making these more often, possibly trying it with other berries and stone fruits (cherries sounds like a winner too).
And you, what are you doing this summer?
Oatmeal and Strawberry Popsicles Recipe
- 1 cup of steel-cut oats
- 2 cups of milk (see notes)
- 1/2 lb [250 g] of strawberries
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup of sugar , or to taste (see notes)
- Mix milk and oatmeal in a blender until oats are nearly dissolved. Sieve and remove solids.
- Return milk to the blender and add the remaining ingredients. Blend until milk has turned pink, leaving some small pieces of strawberry.
- Pour into popsicle molds, add the sticks and freeze.
Substitute sweetener of your choice for sugar, add to taste.