Nutritious, refreshing and very easy to make, Oatmeal and Strawberry Popsicles, everyone in the family will love them. Summer, here we come!
Isn’t this Oatmeal and Strawberry Popsicle the perfect summer treat? Yes, it is.
When I was a kid I used to drink a strawberry and oatmeal drink that was very popular in the DR. I am not even sure if it is still sold, but I figured I could not only make my own, but make it into something my daughter would love. And she does.
This is almost breakfast-worthy, which makes it a great little treat for fuzzy kids, and a way to make them eat a healthy snack, and even come back for more. I’ll be making these more often, possibly trying it with other berries and stone fruits (cherries sounds like a winner too).
And you, what are you doing this summer?
Oatmeal and Strawberry Popsicles Recipe
- 1 cup of steel-cut oats
- 2 cups of milk (see notes)
- 1/2 lb [250 g] of strawberries
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup of sugar , or to taste (see notes)
- Mix milk and oatmeal in a blender until oats are nearly dissolved. Sieve and remove solids.
- Return milk to the blender and add the remaining ingredients. Blend until milk has turned pink, leaving some small pieces of strawberry.
- Pour into popsicle molds, add the sticks and freeze.
Substitute sweetener of your choice for sugar, add to taste.