This flavorful Spicy Beef with Peppers and Orange dish is not only super-fast but also easy to make. It is the perfect dish for lazy weekends and dinners in a rush.
Why we ❤️ it
It's not everyday I am in the mood for cooking, and yet husband and child expect to eat every day.
I have the great luck of having a husband that can find his way around a kitchen, although BBQ is his specialty (hear me not complaining!). But some days when it's my turn to cook I wish I could hire my own personal chef. Even the things we like the most (cooking in my case) are not enjoyable each and every time.
What to do? Spicy Beef with Peppers and Orange!
I already gave you an idea to recycle your leftover white rice into a colorful, flavorful yellow rice with carrots and onions, which shares the plate with this beef.
Now here's the other half, one of my favorite recipes when I have to get in and out of the kitchen in no time.
About this recipe
I would love to tell you that this is a dish of Asian inspiration, but I'd be lying. The truth is that it came about from the need to do something quickly with ingredients that we already had.
We love spicy food, so adapt this to the level of heat you like.
Spicy Beef with Peppers and Orange Recipe
- 1 ½ pound [0.7 kg] flank steak
- ¼ teaspoon salt, (or more, to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon pepper (freshly-cracked, or ground), (or more, to taste)
- 3 tablespoon oil for frying, (canola, corn or peanut)
- 3 bell pepper, , cut into thin strips
- 1 cup of orange juice
- 1 cup of ketchup
- ¼ teaspoon of cracked coriander seeds, (optional)
- 1 tablespoon of spicy-hot sauce
Shop this recipe
Click on the ingredient links to buy from my Amazon affiliate shop
- Cut beef: Cut steaks into thin strips (0.5 cm [¼ inch]), cutting across the grain. Using a paper towel pat dry the beef strips.
- Season beef: Season the beef with a teaspoon of salt and a pinch of pepper.
- Brown beef: Heat oil over high heat in a large thick-bottomed pot. Add meat (careful with hot oil splatters!). Brown beef while stirring.
- Add sauce: Mix orange juice, ketchup, coriander seeds, and hot sauce. Set aside.Add the pepper strips and cook and stir for 30 seconds. Add the orange mixture, and let it reduce for two minutes. Taste and add salt and pepper to taste if necessary. Serve immediately.
Nutritional information is calculated automatically based on ingredients listed. Please consult your doctor if you need precise nutritional information.