This Potato with Yogurt Dressing is quite rich and flavorful, but much lighter than one would expect. The dressing goes great with potatoes, or just with salad.
| Lee en Español |
I couldn’t pass the occasion to wish you our dear readers a very happy New Year!
And it seems so appropriate that to celebrate the New Year I leave you with a recipe for this Potato with Yogurt Dressing that I got from my husband.
When he made this as a yogurt dressing for a salad (have I told you I am blessed with a husband who can cook?) it just blew my mind: it is quite rich and flavorful, but much lighter than one would expect. It goes great with potatoes but would go just as well with a salad. A bit of
not so gentle interrogation later I got a general idea of how he made it.
No recipe though, the man is a tough nut to crack. I started testing and testing, and I arrived at a pretty decent approximation.
Who am I kidding,? It was as good as his. Sorry honey.
Buen provecho, and party on!
Potato with Yogurt Dressing Recipe
- 2 1/2 lb [1 kg] floury potatoes , peeled
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup low-fat plain , unsweetened yogurt (see notes)
- 3/4 teaspoon of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 3 tablespoons of low-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon of pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoon of chopped chives
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- Boil the potatoes adding salt to the water. Cool to room temperature and dice. Reserve.
- Mix yogurt, sugar, mustard, salt, mayonnaise, pepper, chives, and onion powder. Mix well.
- Mix potatoes and dressing. Serve chilled.