This Pumpkin Vegan Eggnog is as luscious and creamy as regular eggnog, but not as cloyingly sweet and a vegan choice for your guests. Cheers to that!
This post is sponsored by Kahlúa®
So I have an obsession with veganizing (is that a real word?) traditional recipes. I have gone through a few now, and they are always well-received amongst my vegan readers. Of course, I love them myself, as I prefer to eat as close to vegetarian as I can, with the occasional indulgence.
For very loose definitions of "occasional", that is.
But what if we could have both? Can a vegan pumpkin spice eggnog be indulgent? You bet!
My husband is my weathervane. He is the opposite of a vegan, whatever those are. No matter how good the food he'll complain “there’s no meat”. And he’s so healthy that it disarms all my arguments against meat consumption, so I quit long ago trying to convince him.
I just need to use the word “vegan” for him to run the opposite direction. Worse yet, he dislikes eggnog. You can see how difficult this was going to be. If I can’t get his “seal of approval” I have a hard time recommending it. Because vegan food has to be good enough to satisfy the meat-eaters too.
Imagine my surprise when he enthusiastically approved. And I know why: This vegan pumpkin eggnog hits the spot, and it has its own merits without necessarily trying to trick you into thinking it's the original thing.
Want more holiday recipes and ideas? Be sure to follow Kahlúa on Facebook and Pinterest.
Pumpkin Vegan Eggnog Recipe
- Peel and boil pumpkin until it is cooked-through. Cool to room temperature.
- In the blender vase mix pumpkin, salt, coconut milk, coconut cream, cinnamon powder, clove powder, ginger powder, cornstarch and Kahlúa. Blend for 5 minutes at full speed.
- Pour the mixture into a 2 quart pot, and add the allspice berries.
- Reheat over medium heat stirring constantly for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Pass the mixture through the finest sieve you have, the finer the better. Get rid of solids.
- Stir until it cools down to room temperature.
- Serve chilled.
Nutritional information is calculated automatically based on ingredients listed. Please consult your doctor if you need precise nutritional information.