I was recently contacted by Staples to ask if I was interested in reviewing the new Nexus 7 tablet by Google. Specifically how useful it would be for us cooks. I happily said yes, and here is my first product review, and a gift to our readers courtesy of Staples.
First of all the gift: One winner will receive a Moleskine Evernote Notebook courtesy of Staples, and a $US25 Staples gift card (shipped separately). You can see the rules further below.
And now on to the review:
Do you see the screen in the first picture? That’s our blog. More specifically, that is the mobile version of our blog. It fits perfectly in the Nexus 7. Nowadays Americans get more recipes from the internet than they do from magazines and TV. Yay! But frankly hauling a desktop to the kitchen, or printing each recipe, is really not feasible. The Nexus 7 is perfect for the task. Small enough that is very easily handled, big enough to see clearly the text in recipes.
Other things I loved:
- Google! I use more Google products than the average person, about a dozen actually. And I am really happy with them, from Gmail to G+, they all work wonderfully on the Nexus 7.
- Super-duper clear screen. As a photographer I pay a lot of attention to how screens render pictures, and I have found that the Nexus rendered mine the closest to the real thing, no over-sharpening, no oversaturation. The screen is bright, but not blinding. This is important when dealing with food, you want to see it as it really is.
- Wi-fi reception is vastly superior to another well-known tablet we’ve tried. It stunned me. Our router is downstairs, and when we sit upstairs we can barely scrape a signal on any other device. Not with the Nexus, signal is strong and the internet surprisingly fast.
- Lots of apps. But most importantly: lots of great food blogs have mobile-friendly versions (you need to check ours!). It makes a huge difference.
- Comfortable. It’s very light, and the size fits perfectly in one hand, the soft rubber back is amazing, sensual even. In the first picture the Nexus is depicted about half its size, it’s much larger than that. Check here for more details.
In short: I loved it!.
The rules have changed from previous giveaways, so please read carefully.
- You must be a US resident, 18 years or older.
- Please follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest or Google Plus.
- Leave a comment in the post, and get 1 chance to win (you can leave a comment per day).
- Concurso cierra Nov 10, 2013 midnight ET
The winner is chosen at random, and we’ll send him/her an email with instructions to claim the prize. If we don’t receive a reply to the email within the following 72 hours a new winner will be picked.
This contest is sponsored by Staples. The sponsor has not revised nor altered this post. The opinions within are 100% mine. Good luck, and thanks for participating.
THIS GIVEAWAY IS CLOSED. HERE’S THE WINNER:
[fbcomments url=”https://www.dominicancooking.com/13855-moleskine-evernote-notebook-gift-card-nexus-7-review.html” width=”550″ count=”on” num=”10″ countmsg=”wonderful comments!”]