Breakfast just got a whole lot easier with this wonderful Spinach, Sweet Corn and Cheddar Cornbread that combines all the food groups in a portable form.
This post is sponsored by Del Monte®
Have I told you about my newest obsession with this Spinach, Sweet Corn and Cheddar Cornbread)? No?
Well, since you insist...
These breakfast bites are just wonderful, so filling, so portable, so nutritious, so tasty that I am sure you'll love them. They work great as a lunchbox snack too, great for school or work.
It contains dairy, vegetables, protein and carbohydrates in a portable meal that is perfect for school snacks, to take to work, or as a hearty breakfast.
What other vegetables would you add to it?
Spinach, Sweet Corn and Cheddar Cornbread Recipe
- 3/4 cup of cornmeal
- 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 teaspoon of baking powder
- 3/4 cup of diced cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 cup of sweet corn
- 1/2 cup of chopped spinach
- 2 sliced chicken sausages
- Heat oven to 300 ºF [150 ºC].
- Mix all the ingredients. Pour into 8 silicone baking cupcake cups (Amazon affiliate link).
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until they turn golden brown on top.