Whole Wheat Banana Sugar-Free Pancake: a recipe for one of my favorite weekend breakfasts. They are not sickly sweet and are very quick and easy to make.
At home, some Whole Wheat Banana Sugar-Free Pancakes await for me while I'm sitting in one of the many waiting rooms in which modern humans waste a considerable amount of their lives.
A worn-out National Geographic I found there keeps me company. I wonder what kind of germs reside between its pages, but I soon push the thought aside, as other things occupy my mind: How much longer will I be here? How do they keep the floor so shiny?
Will the whole-wheat banana sugar-free pancakes I made for breakfast before I left be OK to eat when I get back home?
I hate waiting rooms, with their uncomfortable chairs that remind me of every second spent there.
Tick, tock. 5340 seconds. I am really hungry now. Stupid fasting tests!
Even cold they taste awesome, and I didn't feel like I needed to add sugar.
I'm not a sweet breakfast person. It's savory for me any day, but these fluffy pancakes are one of my favorite weekend breakfasts. They are not sickly sweet and are very quick and easy to make. Most importantly, my daughter loves them too.
Whole Wheat, Sugar-Free Banana Pancake Recipe
- 2 banana very ripe
- 2 egg
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Oil spray
- 1 cup fruit see notes
- Honey optional, see notes
- Mix bananas, eggs, flour, salt, milk and baking soda. Blend to a smooth mix.
- Coat a non-stick pan with oil and heat to medium temperature. Add four tablespoons of pancake mix and cook until it's brown on one side. Flip and cook similarly on the other side. Repeat with the rest of the mixture.
- Serve with the fresh fruit and drizzle with a small amount of honey if you wish.
Tips and Notes
High in manganese
High in selenium
Very high in vitamin C