Delicious, filling and refreshing, perfect with your summer meals and BBQs. I love the gentle sweetness of the Watermelon Summer Salad.
We change our eating habits significantly during the summer. That's what happens when you live in the tropics. I am always looking for cooling dishes and dishes that don't require long cooking. We loved this watermelon summer salad inspired on one of my sister-in-law's favorite.
On summer days we only serve two meals every day (and perhaps a small, cold snack if we feel like it). Our first meal is brunch, and then we have another one mid-afternoon (dunch?). This is perfect for the second meal of the day.
Sobre esta receta
The trick to this salad is to keep all the ingredients chilled and to serve as soon as possible, as the watermelon tends to get mushy after some time.
The gentle sweetness of the watermelon works very well with the saltiness and tartness of the feta cheese, and the chilled ingredients are so refreshing a summer meal that you'll be adding this to your summer favorites forever and ever.
Watermelon Summer Salad Recipe
- 1 small seedless watermelon or 1/2 large one , peeled and diced
- 1/2 of feta cheese , crumbled
- 2 heads of iceberg lettuce , shredded
- 1/3 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon of honey (optional)
- 4 tablespoons of rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 2 sprigs of curly parsley
- 1/4 cup of roasted , peeled pistachios, chopped
- Tossing: Mix watermelon, cheese, and lettuce. Chill until it's time to serve.
- Making the dressing: Combine olive oil, mustard, honey, vinegar, salt, and parsley. Put in a blender and process until all the ingredients are mixed thoroughly. Chill until it's time to serve.
- Serving: Serve the salad as soon as possible (no more than an hour), otherwise the watermelon will get mushy. Sprinkle with pistachio, and drizzle with the dressing.